Minecraft Server Build

I'm looking at building a home Minecraft server for about 10 people. I don't want to pay for expensive hosting anymore. However, I am not sure if my build would run a server without issues.

Build:

-  Ryzen 3 2200g - Stock Cooler

-  32gb DDR4 3000Mhz RAM

-  256gb M.2 NVME SSD

Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX

Would this build be able to support a spigot server?

Thanks

I would get a 1TB hard drive to hold the server world file on, but otherwise it looks good enough to me.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

9 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I'd still make the argument to buy a B450 board

If it's just a Minecraft server, I would prioritize RAM and storage personally. B450 is nice, but you really don't need much for a Minecraft server.

OP: make sure you actually allocate that RAM to the server, otherwise it'll just use the default RAM(1024MB).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

44 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If it's just a Minecraft server, I would prioritize RAM and storage personally. B450 is nice, but you really don't need much for a Minecraft server.

OP: make sure you actually allocate that RAM to the server, otherwise it'll just use the default RAM(1024MB).

Thanks

If it were me, I would look around for used server hardware in your area. Its a learning experience and fun to tinker with that stuff. Just my two cents.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

20 hours ago, C1intFunWood said:

If it were me, I would look around for used server hardware in your area. Its a learning experience and fun to tinker with that stuff. Just my two cents.

i just did this, and honestly just slapped win 10 pro on and off i went. Far cheaper to buy, tho will be a little more power hungry 

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

4 hours ago, Escapenz said:

i just did this, and honestly just slapped win 10 pro on and off i went. Far cheaper to buy, tho will be a little more power hungry 

Linux would be even better - it's free.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

On 1/9/2020 at 12:23 AM, C1intFunWood said:

Agree with this guy...can buy older generation servers with over 100gb of ram and no less than 16 threads for no more than $400?  Maybe I need to turn my gen7 HP DL380 into a minecraft server?  144gb of ddr3 and 2x 5690x (6c/12t each)...

Just a heads up minecraft java servers are single threaded and really dependent on clock speeds the best cpu for an mc server today is the 9900k or 9900ks depended on clocks.