Worth it to buy a case from Caselabs?

HaneZane001

Is it really worth it to buy a case from caselabs, or is it better to buy one of there cases as an upgrade? Since I've fallen in love with their cases but they are so pricey. And I've heard good stuff about them plenty of times like they are as strong as a tank.

So what should I do LTT?

If you have the cash and have the need, caselabs is the way to go, nothing out there that have the same quality for mass produced cases.

Which case are you looking at getting?  I just bought a white S3 as a christmas present to myself.  It was a little painful spending almost $300 on an itx case, but now that I have it and have my loop set up in it, I would easily do it again.  

Caselabs cases are definitely sturdy and have excellent build quality, definitely worth it if you're looking for a watercooling-centric case that will last you a few builds

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

Is it really worth it to buy a case from caselabs, or is it better to buy one of there cases as an upgrade? Since I've fallen in love with their cases but they are so pricey. And I've heard good stuff about them plenty of times like they are as strong as a tank.

So what should I do LTT?

if you are planning a water cooling build, then it is a good choice for that genre. but

if building a simple air-cooled single GPU, it'd be a bit overkill in budget and performance.

i've owned a couple of them and they are nice to build with. but you had really want

to have one as buying new is expensive and reselling is a absolute shame in value.

to resell one, you are looking for the person with the same taste in what the build

needs to be and cooperative in shipping costs. the size is the killer not the weight.

ultimately, you have to look at it everyday, does the outer appearance appeal to you?

do you have the budget for that look? do you have the build to fill that case?

here is a SLI on an E-ATX motherboard. kinda tiny, huh? CaseLabs SM8 smallest ATX case they make.

Well if you have the money go for it, but if you want to better parts when you are building, get the better parts, for me it doesn't actually matter cause I just stick the case under my desk.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I'd recently gotten a Caselabs Magnum M8 and I must say the build quality is fantastic, I'd put it on par with Windy Soldam cases, and I happen to have the excellent XR-1 myself. The M8 is one big butt case, I like that the PSU is mounted on the other side of the case, it makes for a cleaner looking case. Pardon my pics, they were taken just after I'd gitted my main rig and transferred the parts to the M8...

20140213_192014_zps2df58435.jpg

Please excuse the crap pics, below is a pic of the inside, forget that POS fan right below, I'd mounted it just to see if it improves the temps on my 290X'es...

20140213_192148_zps081f18bd.jpg

I'm not done organizing the cables and such, thinking of doing a dirty AIO mod for my 290X.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Got myself a Caselabs Merc S3, and putting my other 4 cases I have side by side, I can definitely tell the flaws of other cases that I was not able to see before. I have a Corsair, Bitfenix, Lian Li and Silverstone case, so they aren't "cheap" cases.

The one from Caselabs just feels so much more premium, and it just works. Most likely, I'll use this Merc S3 for my next 2 builds and probably strip it and paint it in the future.

I think it depends on which case and for what.  I think their mITX cases are stupid. The point of an mITX build it for it to be small, and their mITX cases are small mid to full tower size depending on options.

For air cooling, most of their cases are prolly overkill.  But if you're building a system with a ton of crap in it, it could be worth it cause you have a ton of fan mounting options and can direct a ton of air anywhere you might need it.  Although their new Mercury S8 case looks like a good option for air also, and its only 370 (cheap for a caselabs case).  I wish the S8 was available when I was buying, I'd take that over my SM8 in a heart beat even if it was the same price.

For watercooling, they're the best.  

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

• 2 months later...

I wish the S8 was available when I was buying, I'd take that over my SM8 in a heart beat even if it was the same price.

The S8 is what inspired me to do another build.   Love the horizontal motherboard layout.   Quick to assemble too......

pppp_animated_5meg.gif

Did you just necroed a thread just to post the same picture as your thread? :mellow:

The S8 is what inspired me to do another build.   Love the horizontal motherboard layout.   Quick to assemble too......

Did you just necroed a thread just to post the same picture as your thread? :mellow:

Don't be a hater.   It was a relevant post to a topic, and she hasn't said whether she purchased the case yet or not.   Plus last post was only 2 months ago.  Hardly a necro.....

Don't be a hater.   It was a relevant post to a topic, and she hasn't said whether she purchased the case yet or not.   Plus last post was only 2 months ago.  Hardly a necro.....

Dude, you just started today and you are already calling another member a hater, for asking something that is on the CoC of this forum. I didn't know you were a new member from today, I'm sorry if I came up "rude"? That wasn't my intention. But it is on the CoC thread. Please, make sure to read it.

4.3 Thread Necroing

"Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing"."

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

This thread last post was 2 months 1 week old before your post.

Dude, you just started today and you are already calling another member a hater, for asking something that is on the CoC of this forum. I didn't know you were a new member from today, I'm sorry if I came up "rude"? That wasn't my intention. But it is on the CoC thread. Please, make sure to read it.

4.3 Thread Necroing

"Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing"."

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

This thread last post was 2 months 1 week old.

Glad you're here my friend.   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Yes, your post came across as "rude" so I'm glad that wasn't your intention.  But if you really had concern for my awareness of the rules, you simply would have messaged me directly instead of making sarcastic comments in someone else's thread.  I did take the time to review the CoC that you so kindly linked to.   Sounds like the whole 4.3 paragraph is trying to stop the OP from bumping their own threads.   That opening sentence was (conveniently) left out of your quote.  I guess it's possible to have different interpretations of what the rule is intending to stop....but how about we just leave the policing of the threads to the moderators.  Yes?    

4.3 Thread Necroing

"Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board."

Glad you're here my friend.   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Yes, your post came across as "rude" so I'm glad that wasn't your intention.  But if you really had concern for my awareness of the rules, you simply would have messaged me directly instead of making sarcastic comments in someone else's thread.  I did take the time to review the CoC that you so kindly linked to.   Sounds like the whole 4.3 paragraph is trying to stop the OP from bumping their own threads.   That opening sentence was (conveniently) left out of your quote.  I guess it's possible to have different interpretations of what the rule is intending to stop....but how about we just leave the policing of the threads to the moderators.  Yes?    

4.3 Thread Necroing

"Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board."

Oh boy... 9 post and already calling names/making accusations of my intentions, relax bro.  :wacko:

Anyways I'm not gonna continue, these discussions are ugly... not gonna contribute more. ;)

These look pretty neat! Next case a decade down the line will be from these guys! :D

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.