Lags when I play overwatch ctrl alt delete says 97 % memory

skeda

the specs are

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 

16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7A32) (AM4)    47 °C
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (EVGA)    74 °C

the graphics card is alittle bit too hot? I haven't clocked it or anything

So what exactly is using all of your memory?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

now send a screenshot of the Performance tab. i think you don't have 16GB of memory.

wow you are using 30Gb of virtual memory and 16GB of  memory.

maybe to many processes running in the background, how many processes have you running?

how do you check that? I have 2 monitors running but that maybe doesen't have anything with it to do?

one of your 10 firefox tabs has a memory leak looks like.

close firefox and see what happens

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

if nothing, share a resource monitor memory tab screenshot for mental sanity.

Where should I be looking at? 221, I closed firefox and it goes up and down between 94 and 95, when I close both firefox and overwatch it goes between 91 and 92, how

jVlZVyZ.jpg

fsmXgUw.jpg

32 minutes ago, skeda said:

Where should I be looking at? 221, I closed firefox and it goes up and down between 94 and 95, when I close both firefox and overwatch it goes between 91 and 92, how

jVlZVyZ.jpg

AeJ4CZD.jpg

ok, it's not processes.

yo can see in the resource monitor how overwatch is using 3.4 GB of ram even when only shows a couple of MBs in task manager, take a look at the list of processes and see if any of them are using the rest of your memory, like leaking ram and stuff like that.

and also, try to restart your machine, windows don't like to be up for long periods of time, let alone 17 days :D

I agree, you have some kind of memory leak or virus.
Restart windows and keep an eye out for the leak.
There's no reason for Windows to be chewing up 45+GB of ram when idling.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Okay I restartat it and it's at 36 % I opened 12 tabs and it's at 50 % 2521 mb, and it says (11) instead of being below eachother, I tried to close it and it goes down to 30 % now I open overwatch and it's 64-67 firefox 2737 mb and overwatch 2386 mb is that okay, do I need to format it then or restore it

10 gb is used, availbe  6 and 15 virtual memory,

how do i check for leaks then? ?

8 minutes ago, skeda said:

Okay I restartat it and it's at 36 % I opened 12 tabs and it's at 50 % 2521 mb, and it says (11) instead of being below eachother, I tried to close it and it goes down to 30 % now I open overwatch and it's 64-67 firefox 2737 mb and overwatch 2386 mb is that okay, do I need to format it then or restore it

How do i check for leaks

50% of all the ram?

how many programs start with your system, try and see if firefox is the problems restarting the PC and playing OW without firefox open.

go to taskmanager and then startup and try an disable most of the things you don't need to start with windows.

14 minutes ago, skeda said:

Okay I restartat it and it's at 36 % I opened 12 tabs and it's at 50 %

this is your problem.  stop opening a million tabs and expecting to play games without lag.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

But that shoulden´´t be a problem I also tried closing it down it still lagged

its part of the problem, it depends on the sites you have on those tabs.

i opened many tabs and yes it uses a large part of my memory, you can see it in the attached image.

if the tabs you are using are lightweight then maybe is a firefox problem.

Capture.PNG

51 minutes ago, skeda said:

10 gb is used, availbe  6 and 15 virtual memory,

how do i check for leaks then? ?

By not opening any tabs anymore until you figured this out for a start... :)

Something is using up all your memory,  you aren't going to figure it out with having dozens of Firefox (or any browser for that matter) tabs open. 

Also do full Malwarebytes + Windows defender scans (both programs are free) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 hours ago, Tsuki said:

this is your problem.  stop opening a million tabs and expecting to play games without lag.

12 tabs is no problem whatsoever. If everything is alright you'll even be fine with 50 tabs. There is clearly something else wrong here. I indeed recommend one or multiple Malwarebytes + Adwcleaner + Windows Defender run. Perhaps try Memtest86 if that doesn't solve it? (Memtest86 takes a while to do)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

51 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

12 tabs is no problem whatsoever. If everything is alright you'll even be fine with 50 tabs. There is clearly something else wrong here. I indeed recommend one or multiple Malwarebytes + Adwcleaner + Windows Defender run. Perhaps try Memtest86 if that doesn't solve it? (Memtest86 takes a while to do)

it heavily depends on whats on those tabs. video, audio, ads, any website that isnt designed correctly. all of these eat memory.

12 tabs of youtube WILL be an issue.  i agree there is definately another issue at play. most likely related to windows indexing. but you wont be able to properly troubleshoot that until you close everything else.

@OP, disable windows indexing and see if  your idle memory usage is still super high

|Specs in profile|

11 hours ago, Tsuki said:

12 tabs of youtube WILL be an issue.

The memory usage indeed depends on what the tab contains, but even if one Youtube tab uses 500 MB, you'll only total to 6 GB, add 2 GB of Windows crap to it and you'll still have 8 GB free, which should be plenty for most things. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

This sounds like a memory leak. You should try updating all of your drivers. Check your motherboard manufacturer's website for the downloads.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM