Hackintosh OS images

Does anyone have ideas on how the hell to get hold of a DMG or installer app for High Sierra? Can't get hold of it on an actual Mac because reasons that only the great Apple can reveal and even in a High Sierra VM, I can't download the installer image through the store, it's Catalina or nothing.

There's only one way to legitimately get a copy of MacOS and that is from the app store on a Mac. In order to get a non-current version, it must have been previously downloaded with your Apple ID so it will appear in the "Purchased" section. Unfortunately starting in Mojave, Apple removed them from the "Purchased" section. 

Really your only option to to find an older Mac from which you can download the High Sierra image. Or find it via a less legitimate way.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/download-old-os-x-3629363/

18 hours ago, harryk said:

There's only one way to legitimately get a copy of MacOS and that is from the app store on a Mac. In order to get a non-current version, it must have been previously downloaded with your Apple ID so it will appear in the "Purchased" section. Unfortunately starting in Mojave, Apple removed them from the "Purchased" section. 

Really your only option to to find an older Mac from which you can download the High Sierra image. Or find it via a less legitimate way.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/download-old-os-x-3629363/

It's a royal pain in the arse, had no luck on an Mac Mini using Snow Leopard (part of the reason I want a newer OS). I ended up downloading a vmware disk image for High Sierra, setting that up, finding an Apple page on downloading older OS versions, downloading the installer, that failed, so I used a 3rd party tool to download the complete installer app through the app store.

People wonder why I get pissed off with Apple and the way they do things, this crap is one of many!