What can be stripped away?

Raptor_Fawr

Hey guys I finally found out there is a tool called NTLite and I was wondering what can be uninstalled from windows OS ISO safely to get a clean copy of the OS with 100% software conpatibilty and no registry issues that could ruin my experience. 

I installed win10 on different computers and it takes me up to 8 hours to completely get rid of unwanted apps every time (some features like OneDrive that I never used once for instance, and all the Xbox apps etc since I don't even own it or again connectivity apps etc) 

I know that some stuff like cortana is considered essential and can only be disabled and not uninstalled (it can be uninstalled but it might lead to other issues) but I can't find any online list of what can be kept and what can be deleted to ensure I don't ruin the OS

3 minutes ago, Raptor_Fawr said:

Hey guys I finally found out there is a tool called NTLite and I was wondering what can be uninstalled from windows OS ISO safely to get a clean copy of the OS with 100% software conpatibilty and no registry issues that could ruin my experience. 

I installed win10 on different computers and it takes me up to 8 hours to completely get rid of unwanted apps every time (some features like OneDrive that I never used once for instance, and all the Xbox apps etc since I don't even own it or again connectivity apps etc) 

I know that some stuff like cortana is considered essential and can only be disabled and not uninstalled (it can be uninstalled but it might lead to other issues) but I can't find any online list of what can be kept and what can be deleted to ensure I don't ruin the OS

You see these apps are dependent on each other and Windows. I don't recommend uninstalling them forcefully as Windows might get unstable or crash, BSOD. 

2 minutes ago, Harshvardhan said:

You see these apps are dependent on each other and Windows. I don't recommend uninstalling them forcefully as Windows might get unstable or crash, BSOD. 

That's sad, indeed. I now like a lot windows 10 (except the Start menu, but that can be tweked with a third party software that I already use in almost every computer) but as far as I remeber Windows7 was easier to configure and had way less bloatware preinstalled. 

3 minutes ago, Raptor_Fawr said:

That's sad, indeed. I now like a lot windows 10 (except the Start menu, but that can be tweked with a third party software that I already use in almost every computer) but as far as I remeber Windows7 was easier to configure and had way less bloatware preinstalled. 

If they can't be uninstalled then there must be a reason. You can make backup and try doing it tho.

The problem with stripping out things is that application developers expect the default configuration, and there's no way to actually tell what the application needs from Windows.

But if you are interested in what you can possibly remove, I did strip a lot of things from a 2015 build of Windows 10 from the default configuration