Suggestions for a Theoretical Build

I'm working on a part list for a somewhat theoretical build and would like some advice. Here's what I'm thinking at the moment:

My Goal: Create a semi-portable computor capable of runing most games reasonably well, of editing videos, and of being a general-use computor (web-browsing, word processing, opening files) at a reasonably cheap price (around $350?).

I know this probably sounds silly (or maybe not ?‍♂️), but I think it's almost achivable. One of the bigger issues is the portability requirement. However, I think if you were to make a custom case in which you could stack everything up (see image)  you could solve this issue.  These are the parts I've found so far:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QmGsK4

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($40.00) 
Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($126.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($107.92 @ Amazon) 
Total: $303.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-02 17:13 EST-0500

So basically, I'm looking for ideas and cheap parts with a good value. If anyone has any feedback on this crazy, incomplete idea, I would really appreciate it. While deskotps are by far a better value than a comparable laptop as far as performance, the laptop still wins alot of the time because you can move it around.

Portable PC.png

Its very difficult to build a PC for the uses you require (most games / editing) for the price range, however here is some suggestions, as you want something portable, for sure go for m-itx or M-ATX.

Look at one hybrid drive (slightly older but cheaper now) 

you put approx. 1/3rd of the budget into the PSU, maybe check out cases with built in PSU, like the evga case that has a gold rates PSU built in.

check out ebay / newegg / amazon for used, reconditioned, or open box components, you can save a lot from looking up old stock, sales items, refurbished components. 

there is some slightly older but ok GPU's for dirt cheap now, still hard to build a decent PC for that budget, look into used and refurbished parts you might find you can. 

hope this helps you out.

I have an idea for the build.  A question really:  where do the cables go?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I have an idea for the build.  A question really:  where do the cables go?

Up the sides of the case. It's a really rough drawing, but there is space.