Is this a good build?

Ssmoosh

Hello, 

I am looking at building a pc and was wondering if the exceptional tier $1928.00 pc build is worth it. (I would use a 2070 super instead.) and if not, what should would be better? My goal is to stream and record videos on the pc at the best setting possible while getting vary high FPS. Here is the link to the website. 

https://www.logicalincrements.com

logical increments parts lists are almost all pretty great selections, but if I were to fine tune it a bit:

This will save you quite a lot of cash and also let you upgrade to next gen Ryzen

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

logical increments parts lists are almost all pretty great selections, but if I were to fine tune it a bit:

This will save you quite a lot of cash and also let you upgrade to next gen Ryzen

I was thinking about using an intel i9-9900k for the CPU. Here is the part picker link. 

22 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

I was thinking about using an intel i9-9900k for the CPU

In all likelihood, AMD's next gen will be superior to Intel's offerings in gaming, and buying an AMD motherboard now will allow you to do a drop in upgrade instead of having to wait for Intel's next major offering.

The rig I linked has better gaming performance and is still cheaper, any reason specifically for the 2070 super?

22 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

Don't use the BQ, it's a low end PSU that don't really suitable for a rig this level. Use the Corsair PSU I recommended instead.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

55 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

In all likelihood, AMD's next gen will be superior to Intel's offerings in gaming, and buying an AMD motherboard now will allow you to do a drop in upgrade instead of having to wait for Intel's next major offering.

The rig I linked has better gaming performance and is still cheaper, any reason specifically for the 2070 super?

Don't use the BQ, it's a low end PSU that don't really suitable for a rig this level. Use the Corsair PSU I recommended instead.

To me, if i was going spend over 700 dollars on a GPU I would rather spend it on a 2080ti instead. Also, if I do use Ryzen and go with the build above, it will allow me to better upgrade in the future compared to the intel build?

2 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

Also, if I do use Ryzen and go with the build above, it will allow me to better upgrade in the future compared to the intel build?

Yes, because this Intel generation is the last supported on their motherboards. If you buy a 9900K, you can't buy a better CPU without also buying a better motherboard.

Also I just wrote about a leak regarding next gen Intel CPUs, it's basically the same performance as the current Intel CPUs and you also have the option for 2 more cores, which is useless for a gaming PC.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1141112-10th-gen-i9-test-results-show-disappointing-performance/?do=findComment&comment=13181277

Primary PC:

15 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yes, because this Intel generation is the last supported on their motherboards. If you buy a 9900K, you can't buy a better CPU without also buying a better motherboard.

Also I just wrote about a leak regarding next gen Intel CPUs, it's basically the same performance as the current Intel CPUs and you also have the option for 2 more cores, which is useless for a gaming PC.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1141112-10th-gen-i9-test-results-show-disappointing-performance/?do=findComment&comment=13181277

Ok. You have sold me. So how about this build for using a 2070 super? 

2 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

looks really solid

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

looks really solid

So I looked at micro center for some of the parts and this prebuilt PC came. Is it worth it since it would have a liquid cooler and would have windows automatically installed? https://www.microcenter.com/product/610246/Gamer_Supreme_Liquid_Cool_Gaming_Computer;_AMD_Ryzen_7_3700X_36GHz_Processor;_NVIDIA_RTX_2070_Super_8GB_GDDR6;_16GB_DDR4-3000_RAM;_1TB_SSD;_10-100-100?storeid=045

1 minute ago, Ssmoosh said:

So I looked at micro center for some of the parts and this prebuilt PC came. Is it worth it since it would have a liquid cooler and would have windows automatically installed? https://www.microcenter.com/product/610246/Gamer_Supreme_Liquid_Cool_Gaming_Computer;_AMD_Ryzen_7_3700X_36GHz_Processor;_NVIDIA_RTX_2070_Super_8GB_GDDR6;_16GB_DDR4-3000_RAM;_1TB_SSD;_10-100-100?storeid=045

it's not bad, but the motherboard is fairly basic so mind the lack of features in case that was relevant.

although since the power supply is unknown I'd be hesitant.

Primary PC:

Looking ok, but make sure you have nvme SSD drives, its the way to go for most new builds now.  our wasting money buying old technology. 

but obviously it all depends of what you need it for.  have you also considered M-ATX format for the m/board?  

I think if someone only intends to have a multi use / gaming PC with one GPU then go for M-ATX or m-itx build is an option worth looking at.

if your someone who is into editing, work tasks, 3D drawing, lots of multimedia then yes a full ATX case and build might give more slots and room for extra storage and components etc.

finally check power calculator, i did a build and thought i had enough PSU power, but turned out i was right on the limit and it caused my PC to crash / power off suddenly at inconvenient times. 

hope this helps.  

11 minutes ago, Frayia said:

Looking ok, but make sure you have nvme SSD drives, its the way to go for most new builds now.  our wasting money buying old technology. 

but obviously it all depends of what you need it for.  have you also considered M-ATX format for the m/board?  

I think if someone only intends to have a multi use / gaming PC with one GPU then go for M-ATX or m-itx build is an option worth looking at.

if your someone who is into editing, work tasks, 3D drawing, lots of multimedia then yes a full ATX case and build might give more slots and room for extra storage and components etc.

finally check power calculator, i did a build and thought i had enough PSU power, but turned out i was right on the limit and it caused my PC to crash / power off suddenly at inconvenient times. 

hope this helps.  

Alright, so would this be ok for a mini ATX build? 

17 minutes ago, Frayia said:

hope this helps.  

Actually here is an updated version. 

I would look at performance reviews and videos referring to the 660p series M.2 nvme drive, i looked into it when i did an upgrade to my seagate Firecuda. the Firecuda seems a much better drive from the reviews. 

don't get me wrong, intel have good drives, i have a 720p series nvme 250GB M.2 drive for windows its fine 9wished i got a 500GB now) 

it just looks too cheap (too good to be true) that price for a 1TB nvme M.2 drive your looking at. 

if you can afford Samsung are good, or get a higher rated Intel, or other. 

check the specs and read review, watch videos before final choice. 

18 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

looks really solid

Alright, I have changed a couple parts of this now. How does this look instead? Note that the video card I can get locally for 420 dollars. 

7 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

Alright, I have changed a couple parts of this now. How does this look instead? Note that the video card I can get locally for 420 dollars. 

Overall not bad, but I suggest micro ATX because

A) in this particular configuration you'd get more breathing room for the GPU

B) you can use a cheaper motherboard

NZXT's H series lineup is pretty similar across the board, this micro ATX case is barely any larger than their mini ITX cases.

If you wanted ITX for sure, there are some different cases in mind

Primary PC: