Memory not running at expected speed

Quaquepro

I recently built a pc for the first time and everything went well except for one thing. After instaling windows and all the drivers and some games i decided to go into the bios and change the memory clock to 3000mhz because it was the base clock. After that when i loaded up the pc things started to get strange like games freezing when something new loaded and after i restarted the pc an error started to happen. the error number was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I searched for it and found it was a memory related issue so i turned the memory clock down to 2144mhz and it worked just fine. I just wanted to know if some of you guys know what caused this and if there is a solution so i can run the memory at 3000mhz as it is suposed to run.

My specs: Ryzen 7 3700x, RX 5700xt, 16GB corsair vengance 3000mhz,MSI X570-a Pro, 600W EVGA power supply

Windows 10 pro 64BIT

Bios version: H.10

to my knowledge theres supposed to just be an xmp profile you enable to get your memory clock and not need to manually select the speed of the ram.

5 minutes ago, Quaquepro said:

I recently built a pc for the first time and everything went well except for one thing. After instaling windows and all the drivers and some games i decided to go into the bios and change the memory clock to 3000mhz because it was the base clock. After that when i loaded up the pc things started to get strange like games freezing when something new loaded and after i restarted the pc an error started to happen. the error number was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I searched for it and found it was a memory related issue so i turned the memory clock down to 2144mhz and it worked just fine. I just wanted to know if some of you guys know what caused this and if there is a solution so i can run the memory at 3000mhz as it is suposed to run.

My specs: Ryzen 7 3700x, RX 5700xt, 16GB corsair vengance 3000mhz,MSI X570-a Pro, 600W EVGA power supply

Windows 10 pro 64BIT

Bios version: H.10

Did you try using the XMP profile?

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

to my knowledge theres supposed to just be an xmp profile you enable to get your memory clock and not need to manually select the speed of the ram.

You can do it manually too. ?

I tried to use the xmp profile right now and seems to work just fine. ill come back later if something wrong happens

2 minutes ago, Harshvardhan said:

You can do it manually too. ?

im aware but maybe the profile has a more stable setting they weren't using

1 minute ago, Quaquepro said:

I tried to use the xmp profile right now and seems to work just fine. ill come back later if something wrong happens

Be patient and take your time when changing settings in BIOS.

Just now, Quaquepro said:

Sure guys thanks for the help ?

and girl. lol