Internet dropping (during high usage)

Tseriesboi

So recently at my work place, our internet started dropping when there were around 20ish people using the WiFi. We tried restarting the router and modem, the internet came back for less than 1 minute and dropped again. I checked the lights on both the router and modem, the modem seemed like it was doing fine but the internet light on the router wasn't on. Is this an issue with my ISP or is it because of my router being unable to sustain that much load at once? For reference, current router is TP-link AC1200. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

I suppose that depends on how many people were downloading things all at once but it should not cause the whole site to lose Internet. I expect either something could be wrong with the unit or you somehow exceeded it's capability. You could try replacing it and hammer it again. See if it handles it. If it does then the unit was either failing or just couldn't take the load. (Though 20 wireless clients I don't think should do it easily.)

On 1/2/2020 at 3:44 PM, Tseriesboi said:

So recently at my work place, our internet started dropping when there were around 20ish people using the WiFi. We tried restarting the router and modem, the internet came back for less than 1 minute and dropped again. I checked the lights on both the router and modem, the modem seemed like it was doing fine but the internet light on the router wasn't on. Is this an issue with my ISP or is it because of my router being unable to sustain that much load at once? For reference, current router is TP-link AC1200. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

What is your office internet speed? I think you're using full of your bandwidth. that's why you're getting the dropping of your network.