Annoying PSU Noise

SkyPhantom

Hi, so I'm running a ryzen 5 3600 and Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700xt system with an EVGA 80 plus bronze 750BQ power supply. I bought it a little over a month ago for my new PC. Up until today it was working quite fine, but while I was running some games it started to let off this shrill noise

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18H8JFprVHNxDBFvBhz79ray5gdR4DBRp/view?usp=drivesdk

This video was when it would be at its peak such as when I had a frame cap off in my game. Obviously this is annoying and probably a hazard for my system, so if anybody could tell if there is a way to fix it or that I should just return it that would be greatly appreciated. If it does come down to me having to return it, reccomondations for a solid replacement would be greatly appreciated. 

Mesh Devil

AMD Ryzen 3600 | MSI b450 Tomohawk MAX G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8 3200mhz

Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 xt

Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB

Corsair RM650x

Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered Glass

That's coil whine, nothing dangerous. Replacement recommendations would depend on your budget and location.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Had coil whine from my Corsair PSU, contacted the support since i still had warranty on it, got a replacement unit ?

So as long as you have active warranty, contact EVGA, they should be able to help.
If you dont have warranty, its still a good unit, just makes an extra noise.

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

I bought it at Microcenter, so I think I could get a replacement there, but I'm thinking I could be better off exchanging it for a higher quality PSU with a lower wattage. Looking at the PSU teir list the EVGA BQ doesn't seem very high at teir C. 

Mesh Devil

Corsair RM650x

I've exchanged it for a Corsair CX650M, so fingers crossed this one will be better.

Mesh Devil

Corsair RM650x

Welp, I still have the same identical noise coming from my brand new corsair CX650M along with a plastic smell. Would my graphics card cause coil whine from the PSU? Should I replace that too?

Mesh Devil

Corsair RM650x

7 hours ago, SkyPhantom said:

Welp, I still have the same identical noise coming from my brand new corsair CX650M along with a plastic smell. Would my graphics card cause coil whine from the PSU? Should I replace that too?

Both of those PSUs are double-forward topology, that's why they have prominent coil whine. Going for Corsair CX (non-modular) should get rid of coil whine but i'd recommend smth better for RX5700 XT, smth on the level of Corsair RMx.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

13 hours ago, Juular said:

Both of those PSUs are double-forward topology, that's why they have prominent coil whine. Going for Corsair CX (non-modular) should get rid of coil whine but i'd recommend smth better for RX5700 XT, smth on the level of Corsair RMx.

Thanks everyone for helping me out. I've noticed with the new Corsair PUS that the actual volume of the coil whine has gone down to a level that I can live with. I'm also planning to redo some cabling and get some custom cables in the next couple of weeks, so I'll probably end up exchanging the CX650M for something fully modular like a Corsiar Rmx anyway.

Mesh Devil

Corsair RM650x