Laptop Suggestions?

Hello, I am starting collage etc this year and I am wanting to buy a new laptop, I am looking for something that can handle simple photo editing and video editing along with the ability to play some decent games fps etc.
I am looking for a decent battery life as well something that can last about 10 hours if not 6-7 hours what might be pushing it, idk. I also don't mind if it is Intel or AMD, will prob be Intel tho' as they have way more on the market than AMD. 

This machine will solo be for collage tho' and doesn't need to be stupid, if you can find some good alternatives that would save me money please suggest.
My budget is about £600 - £700 at most.

Thank you. 

Okay, in that case, maybe take a look at the Zephyrus G. However, If you can push your budget to the mag 15/vapour 15 (same laptop), it would be alot better. 

the mags battery life lasts along longer as the zeph g hits 5-6 hours with its 76WHR battery while the mag hits alot higher with its 94WHR battery. 

the color accuracy of the Zeph is also pretty bad so colors look more distorted and inaccurate because of the panel. Asus laptops are also less reliable generally. 

The mag also has a GTX 1660 TI rather than the weakened GTX 1660 TI Max-Q. 

Its also more reliable long term. If you can stretch your budget to hit that magic Mag-15, do it. Otherwise within that budget the Zephyrus G is the only thing that comes to mind and its not as good.

Both are options. 

7 hours ago, Finley_Crofts said:

ability to play some decent games fps etc

Examples? Mind lowering settings?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

16 hours ago, genexis_x said:

Examples? Mind lowering settings?

This machine will mostly be for work etc, however, I don't mind changing settings for the best performance etc - if that is what u mean. So if it runs best at med I will go med and not high - some games will probably be like CS:GO and battlefields along with the small games. 

On 1/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, Wellingtonzed said:

Okay, in that case, maybe take a look at the Zephyrus G.

The Zephyrus G is like 1000£ new and 800£ used, I haven't seen models that would fit the budget.

MX250 25W:

Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G-582J: build quality is just OKish

Vega:

Lenovo Thinkpad E495 20NE000JUK / customize, E595 20NF0006UK / customize

HP Probook 445R G6 / 455R G6

(lowest setting for CSGO is possible, don't expect to play BF1/BF5 though)

If you need more power: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42-R8H1

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128