Used Laptop

Hydro03

Any good ideas for a used laptop my budget is arround £500 i wouldnt mind spending more or less but would like to run games such as GTA 5 and Ark. Im not really interested in VR

Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to build a PC and monitor for roughly the same budget?

From experience, I do not recommend getting used/new laptops and here's why:

- They will age fast, used will age even faster since previous owner has already used the laptop.

- Laptop manufacturers love to rip you off if you buy new; really expensive for what you're getting. Most of the times, they add a really good CPU and a really bad GPU, combo'd with DDR3 1600MHz RAM which is way below standard and slow hard drive. This is an example of my laptop which I bought 100 quid more than your budget.

- Most used laptops have no warranty and aren't reliable. 

- For £500, you won't run ARK, I'm 99% sure.

- Your fingers will burn whilst using the laptop's keyboard.

- Limited monitor resolution. 

Yeah, just get a used rx 570or rx580 and the following list and you'll have yourself a easily upgradeable pc, with more performance than you'll ever get from a used £500 laptop.

I have to have a laptop as my room is too small to have a desktop otherwise yes i would totally buy a pc. 

15 minutes ago, Hydro03 said:

I have to have a laptop as my room is too small to have a desktop otherwise yes i would totally buy a pc. 

Dude, I doubt your room is too small to fit a PC. Don't get ATX PCs, get micro/mini ATX pcs. They're significantly smaller than standard size PCs and will definitely, with mini ITXs being even smaller than micro ATX PCs. I'm 100% sure, that micro/mini ITX form factor PCs will fit into your room. You have a bed right? Place it there. Underneath your table? Beneath your bed? By the window sill? Inside your sitting room? 

Please don't make excuses. You will be making excuses in 2 weeks time when you realize you spent 500 pounds on a used laptop that has malfunctioned. 

Have a look on Ebay for laptops around this price tag though I doubt you'll be running GTA 5 and Ark on it.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

7 minutes ago, leon12321 said:

Dude, I doubt your room is too small to fit a PC. Don't get ATX PCs, get micro/mini ATX pcs. They're significantly smaller than standard size PCs and will definitely, with mini ITXs being even smaller than micro ATX PCs. I'm 100% sure, that micro/mini ITX form factor PCs will fit into your room. You have a bed right? Place it there. Underneath your table? Beneath your bed? By the window sill? Inside your sitting room? 

Please don't make excuses. You will be making excuses in 2 weeks time when you realize you spent 500 pounds on a used laptop that has malfunctioned. 

Erm i littrally have no room for a desk so i would have to mount a TV to my wall and play with a keyboard on my lap? Also because the room is so small condensation is a problem which might damage the pc? i dont know. 

Edited by Hydro03

1 hour ago, leon12321 said:

Ok so something like this?

14 minutes ago, Hydro03 said:

Your power supply is unnecessarily expensive. 

Micro atx MOBOs are cheaper than mini ITX MOBOs.

If using a portable monitor surly i would be better off having a motherboard with a built in USB -C port