What do I do?

AdamDM

I swapped motherboards recently and I cant boot into Windows! What do I do? All devices are being recognized.

Specs:

Ryzen 1700x

ROG B450-Gaming mobo

Ripjaw 16gb 3200mhz

Samsung evo 860 m.2(boot drive)

Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

GPU radeon rx580

copy the same boot options from the old motherboard bios to the new one.  secureboot, UEFI, boot order, etc

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

I can get into the BIOS fine. When I go to select the drive and boot I just get a black screen

A fresh reinstallation is an option, but make sure the machine is also in AHCI mode in BIOS. If you are not in AHCI mode then try to see if you can restart in safe mode > Enter BIOS, select AHCI mode and save the changes > Immediately after turning on or restarting the computer (usually after hearing the beep from your computer), touch the F8 key many times and check to see if the advanced boot options appear:

Resultado de imagen para how do i enter safe mode

If it does not appear, press the power button and while the machine is trying to access Windows turn it off by holding down the power button again, do this a couple of times, the system should recognize these failed startup attempts and give you the option to enter safe mode. If you manage to enter the safe mode, the AHCI is activated/created in the boot storage device, what happens is that if the machine was not in AHCI when you did the installation then those necessary registry keys were not created, when starting in SAFE mode and having the AHCI mode enabled in BIOS these registry keys are created, therefore the only thing you need is to restart the machine in normal mode and the registry keys should now be there, allowing Windows to enter.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming