Is the Glorious GMMK good? Or should I get something else?

Shiniontv

Hey everyone

I've been looking at some TKL keyboards, and I think the Glorious GMMK looks nice. I can get it with the Glorious Gateron Browns and Glorious ABS Keycaps for ~$170 (Buying from Denmark)

I was wondering if it would be more worth it to buy the G Pro X from Logitech, because it's ~$164.

I don't really know what to pick.

Do you?

I always only buy keyboards with PBT keycaps since my fingers for whatever reason seem to be pretty oily. Within a few months the ABS keycaps would start to look shiny from the oils polishing the plastic surface. Most ABS keycaps that allow RGB light to shine through are usually white underneath and coated in black for the legend. So in addition to the caps polishing, the legends on my most used keys would start to fade. This happened on the Logitech G810 and a replacement set of caps for the proprietary Romer-G switches was $25 which would still give me the same problem later. No such issues with  double-shot PBT keycaps.

In terms of which keyboard brands, I always like Ducky keyboards since they have the tightest tolerance for switch variance, possibly from some internal switch binning. And they come with double-shot PBT keycaps. I would pick up the Ducky One 2 TKL. I'm not sure how shipping works in the EU, but CaseKing and CandyKeys are offical retailers for Ducky keyboards.

The only scenario I see the Glorious GMMK or the Logitech G Pro X would be worth buying is if you intend to use hot-swappable switches. Otherwise you are paying more for features you don't use.

7 hours ago, Wyllio said:

The only scenario I see the Glorious GMMK or the Logitech G Pro X would be worth buying is if you intend to use hot-swappable switches. Otherwise you are paying more for features you don't use.

Problem is, here in Denmark, I can't really find a TKL keyboard with Brown switches.

10 hours ago, Shiniontv said:

Problem is, here in Denmark, I can't really find a TKL keyboard with Brown switches.

check out candykeys.com or mechkeyboard.eu

5 hours ago, alittlepeace said:

check out candykeys.com or mechkeyboard.eu

Still quite hard finding one with Nordic layout