Ethernet/Modem

JamesBreuel

I moved into a new apartment and the current WiFi is atrocious. I am wanting to run an Ethernet cable from the modem to my PC-8 ft, Xbox One-12 ft and to a smart TV-17-25 ft away from the modem. The Ethernet to the Xbox and PC is easy. But if i have the modem plugged into an Ethernet jack in the wall in one room, can i run a small cable from the jack in another room into the smart TV and have internet?

I'm a little confused by what it is you're asking:

1. Are you asking is it physically possible to wire one wall jack directly into another jack?
  2. Are you asking is it possible to split one wall jack into two separate cables?
  3. Something else entirely?

Need a little clarification.

In the guest room i have a modem/router connected to the wall jack in the room. In my room, i have a wall jack as well. Could i plug my tv into the jack in my room and still have internet? or would i have to have a modem/router in there as well. I have no clue how to ask so i am doing my best.

The issue i have currently having is the wifi isnt strong enough in my room and to my pc even though its in the next room over. I am trying to find a way to either use Ethernet cables to increase the speed of my devices or find out if it would be better just to get a better router from best buy or something.