Noob kindly asks for help with custom loop (not sure what fittings I might need)

lukx

I'm totally green regarding custom loops so I'm not sure especially about fitting I might need.

Here's what I put together so far (I have Asus Zenith II and Threadripper 3970X in Lian pc-o11dynamic xl rog case.

I want to cool only CPU with water. I want the best of the best so price doesn't matter and this is it:

CPU Block: Aquacomputer Cuplex kryos NEXT VARIO with VISION TR4, PVD/.925 silver

Radiator: HardwareLabs The Black Ice® NEMESIS® GTR™ 360

Pump and Reservoir:Singularity Protium 150 D5/Reservoir Combo Acrylic

Tubing: inner 3/8" outer 5/8'" - PrimoChill LRT

Fittings: Bitspower but no idea what I need, what kind, how many !!!

Enything else I might need?

well, you need 2 fittings on the CPU, 2 on the pump and 2 on your radiator. so that makes 6 already, and that's the absolute bare minimum.

you might also want some 90's and 45's to clean up the way you route your tubing, and you should also include a valve to empty the loop. it is possible to build a loop without one, but i can tell you from experience that it makes emptying the loop much easier. 

what is the loop layout you want?

Here's my setup right now. I was thinking about placing radiator with fans and reservoir in the same place right now I have kraken rad but Nemesis is much thicker so It won't fit there I'm afraid. So bottom or top, I think bottom will get more cooler air so it would be better but then it will heat up GPU :(. So not sure...

Also maybe the radiator I choose is overkill I read it might get very loud... 

I want things to run as cool as possible and i dont plan to overclock!

InkedIMG_20191223_145607_LI.thumb.jpg.389e5136a45aaa9303ad982337edb855.jpg

12 hours ago, lukx said:

what about this kind of layout

layout.jpg

That setup will work some will say the rad fittings being on the bottom will make it very hard to bleed but as I see it there will always be one half of the rad that needs to flow against gravity. Also don't forget to account for your pump/res since the cpu block doesn't have a pump like the AIO. Also you need a minimum of 2 fittings per water cooling item an inlet and an outlet. You may want to consider a drain port as mentioned but if you make the reservoir easily removable you could technically get away without a drain/fill port. 

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100