x570 Aorus Master XMP Issues and Factory reset issues.

Shimejii

So earlier last week my X99 MSI Gaming 9 ACK decided to die after i plugged in a Wifi USB card, It restarted itself and then just simply died, Kept getting CPU Initialization Errors and such. Did Pretty much all the tests, its non responsive. So I Went to microcenter and Picked up a 3800x, 32GB 16x2 3600 Ram, and a x570 Aorus Master After Researching the best motherboards for 3800x/3900x/3950x.

Went to go boot up and it bootlooped, not getting past the POST Bios load screen. It would Blip on for half a second then restart endlessly. After trying a bunch of things out it took me about 10 minutes of restarts of finally getting into the BIOS. I Went to Default Settings (note on this later) and it didnt work, causing me to have to Reset CMOS and another 5 minutes to get into bios again. I then manually set Voltage for the CPU and Dram to 1.4v Each just to see what would happen. It then Actually booted into windows just fine.

After some stress testing I Tried restarting it a few times just to see if it would boot properly and it did. I then tried to apply XMP to the ram (Listed Below) and no matter what i do, it does not want to run at XMP. Even if i bump the voltages for the Dram to 1.45V it will not boot, Infact it will completely reset the bios, and after this latest test it Completely reset bios back to as it was out of box (The Bios version from June, I had updated it before to the Bios from December). I cannot find the Dram in the Ryzen Dram Calculator, as its Die Type isnt listed (only one very similar) so i cant use it to calculate what i could try.

What other things should i Attempt for my DRAM to get it to perform at XMP?
Heres what i have the CPU/Ram running at.

CPU : x43 Multiplier
Vcore: 1.35V

DRAM : 3200
IF: 1600
Dram Voltage : 1.4

During My initial Testing I was able to get it to Boot once with 4.4 Ghz and 1.4V but it refused to boot ever again at these settings. I was able to pass all my stress tests when it did boot so i was very confused.

Also What other Settings should i change/ go back to default? Ive noticed that in some cases CPUS Left at default Voltages/Multiplier perform better then mine, wheras when i tested that with mine it was not the same result at all. I expect that Mainly comes down to their ability to get their ram to 3600 mhz/1800 IF and adjusting timings and settings wheras i cant do anything without my Motherboard refusing to boot.

Ram In Question: https://www.microcenter.com/product/613487/gskill-ripjaws-32gb-2-x-16gb-ddr4-3600-pc4-28800-cl16-dual-channel-desktop-memory-kit-f4-3600c16d-32gvkc---black  (got it for 115$)

Note: 

Default Bios Settings for my Aorus/Gigabyte seem to not allow it to boot because of changes to ram, It attempts to run it at XMP. Also ive read a few times that when applying XMP the BIOS doesnt change the Voltage for the Ram Causing issues, and Even when attempting to manually change the Ram voltage to 1.4 or 1.45 it does not boot.Very curious to see how this Ram is on the QVL List to run at XMP but does not run at XMP. 

7 hours ago, Shimejii said:

So earlier last week my X99 MSI Gaming 9 ACK decided to die after i plugged in a Wifi USB card, It restarted itself and then just simply died, Kept getting CPU Initialization Errors and such. Did Pretty much all the tests, its non responsive. So I Went to microcenter and Picked up a 3800x, 32GB 16x2 3600 Ram, and a x570 Aorus Master After Researching the best motherboards for 3800x/3900x/3950x.

Went to go boot up and it bootlooped, not getting past the POST Bios load screen. It would Blip on for half a second then restart endlessly. After trying a bunch of things out it took me about 10 minutes of restarts of finally getting into the BIOS. I Went to Default Settings (note on this later) and it didnt work, causing me to have to Reset CMOS and another 5 minutes to get into bios again. I then manually set Voltage for the CPU and Dram to 1.4v Each just to see what would happen. It then Actually booted into windows just fine.

After some stress testing I Tried restarting it a few times just to see if it would boot properly and it did. I then tried to apply XMP to the ram (Listed Below) and no matter what i do, it does not want to run at XMP. Even if i bump the voltages for the Dram to 1.45V it will not boot, Infact it will completely reset the bios, and after this latest test it Completely reset bios back to as it was out of box (The Bios version from June, I had updated it before to the Bios from December). I cannot find the Dram in the Ryzen Dram Calculator, as its Die Type isnt listed (only one very similar) so i cant use it to calculate what i could try.

What other things should i Attempt for my DRAM to get it to perform at XMP?
Heres what i have the CPU/Ram running at.

CPU : x43 Multiplier
Vcore: 1.35V

DRAM : 3200
IF: 1600
Dram Voltage : 1.4

During My initial Testing I was able to get it to Boot once with 4.4 Ghz and 1.4V but it refused to boot ever again at these settings. I was able to pass all my stress tests when it did boot so i was very confused.

Also What other Settings should i change/ go back to default? Ive noticed that in some cases CPUS Left at default Voltages/Multiplier perform better then mine, wheras when i tested that with mine it was not the same result at all. I expect that Mainly comes down to their ability to get their ram to 3600 mhz/1800 IF and adjusting timings and settings wheras i cant do anything without my Motherboard refusing to boot.

Ram In Question: https://www.microcenter.com/product/613487/gskill-ripjaws-32gb-2-x-16gb-ddr4-3600-pc4-28800-cl16-dual-channel-desktop-memory-kit-f4-3600c16d-32gvkc---black  (got it for 115$)

Note: 

Default Bios Settings for my Aorus/Gigabyte seem to not allow it to boot because of changes to ram, It attempts to run it at XMP. Also ive read a few times that when applying XMP the BIOS doesnt change the Voltage for the Ram Causing issues, and Even when attempting to manually change the Ram voltage to 1.4 or 1.45 it does not boot.Very curious to see how this Ram is on the QVL List to run at XMP but does not run at XMP. 

According to memory Express, G.Skill usually has a lot of issues with AMD X570 boards and recommended me to get Corsair instead. Is that some useful knowledge to you? idk but Memory Express is throwing out some mad savings by pricematching products

20 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Do you have the ram in slots 2 and 4?

Yes I do :)

26 minutes ago, NvidiaLoverIntel said:

According to memory Express, G.Skill usually has a lot of issues with AMD X570 boards and recommended me to get Corsair instead. Is that some useful knowledge to you? idk but Memory Express is throwing out some mad savings by pricematching products

I Actually got this set because it was reccomended by a few peps And the comments on it from confirmed buyers Suggested it Just worked well with XMP on Ryzen 3000 series. 

And its the Samsung B-die Ram from corsair thats usually what works well, The microcenter i was at did not have any instock at reasonable pricing (same 16x2 sticks but 3200 costed 160$, 3600 was 190$) They now have a 3600 Set for around 122$ but im not so sure its the Ram itself thats the problem, but i could be wrong too.

The board for instance, it was booting JUST fine with 4.4 Ghz 1.4v Vcore, and then all of a sudden refused to boot. Now i have it at 1.375v 4.4 Ghz CPU and its rebooting etc Just fine. The board may be a bit wonky.

11 hours ago, RetroGeneral said:

Some of the problems you note seem similar of when i tried to upgrade the bios for my aorus ultra gaming x470 motherboard to the most recent version. After flashing the bios and reinstalling the operating system everything went back to normal.

Your problems with everything seem a bit far fetched, as in a very unlucky string of events that not many will encounter.
Did your body change in electrical settings these past weeks? like you have a new girlfriend or something and suddenly your always tense?
i mean electrical discharges have known to produce the results you are describing.

I'm not really certain what your problem is with the xmp most of the time you just need to activate profile 1 and that is it right?

Maybe hard reset your board and start all over again, fresh clean install on formatted drives ( at least your windows disc ) and work from there
don't active xmp untill you are sure to about your system stability 

I plugged it into the Case USB, so even if i was the Static Man it would have just killed the USB port, instead of the whole motherboard lol.

Yeah ive updated the BIOS and thats when i started doing the testing, aint going to be trying this stuff on the base Bios. 

Clean install didnt seem to do anything, still had the same result, seems to be a motherboard/bios issue.

And Yes XMP is just activate profile 1, upon attempting to boot it doesnt like it and resets itself. Ive read a few places the Aorus Bios when applying XMP it doesnt change voltages and such causing the issues. Not sure since i attempted 1.45V on the ram and still refused to boot so thats not going to happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.
Because here people have the x570 Aorus Master F11 bios update i wonder if some one could give me an advise on how to best configure RAM.

x570 Aorus Master BiosF11
AMD 3950x

I have 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3200 CL14 14-14-34 1.35V installed.
XMP enable.

HWinfo doesn`t report the same speed and timings on all 4 ram sticks!

What should i do?

Cheers

afaik it should show the 1600 number, and it should show the number for one instead of each one o.o Not sure why its showing different speeds and timing

On 1/10/2020 at 7:10 AM, Tonyboss said:

Hi.
Because here people have the x570 Aorus Master F11 bios update i wonder if some one could give me an advise on how to best configure RAM.

x570 Aorus Master BiosF11
AMD 3950x

I have 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3200 CL14 14-14-34 1.35V installed.
XMP enable.

HWinfo doesn`t report the same speed and timings on all 4 ram sticks!

What should i do?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay.

all memory are fine. i think i was stupid on read those ram values timings in a wrong maner.

2x 4stick 16  total 64gb

xmp enable.

1.35v

all running super fine.

no issues at all.