Computer Desk

masethekiller

I saw this computer desk promoted on a computer site that it is the "best" .. for only 580 dollars lol 

https://www.amazon.com/ApexDesk-Electric-Adjustable-Standing-American/dp/B079MGVDFY/?tag=edit-tech-round-up-20&ascsubtag=897e1d0c-02e0-4945-941e-8f252fa0af17&th=1 

How much did you spend on your desk and why did you get that desk?  

The desk I have I got for 20-30 dollars at target.  Its basically a plastic slab. 

You have to keep in mind that it is height adjustable, given this, it is within the realm of fairly average for what you might expect one of these to cost.

My desk, I paid a whopping $20 for. Craigslist. It was intended to be temporary, however I haven't found anything suitable enough to replace it, so here I sit several years (6?) later with it.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

a desk is meant to be a slab to put things onto. there's the pc enthusiast favorite of piece of wood from ikea hanging on top of 2 shelves.

working in retail has taught me that people will pay anything if you slap the work gamer on it. just look for a table that fits your needs

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Are you really comparing a plastic desk you got from target with an electric adjustable desk? Of course it's gonna cost more..

9 minutes ago, masethekiller said:

You can get some nice free desks.

Acoustic (for a lack of a better term) desks are not comparable with electric desks, imho.

I bought a black glass desk from Walmart. I bought it because of the sleek lookin' design. When I finally move from my apartment into a house, I'll get a bigger desk  to support my dual-monitor setup. Don't really wanna use a bracket, but it might be an option.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

-> Moved to Peripherals

I still use my mom's old desk from 70s. Had to paint it once, and would need again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

56 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Are you really comparing a plastic desk you got from target with an electric adjustable desk? Of course it's gonna cost more..

Acoustic (for a lack of a better term) desks are not comparable with electric desks, imho.

Who is going to argue about a desk lmao 

17 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Peripherals

I still use my mom's old desk from 70s. Had to paint it once, and would need again.

exactly.  Linus should do an uber video on desks.  Compare the 2,000 'gaming' desk compared to your mom's desk 

6D_IMG_7287.thumb.jpg.d51b8137120bfaae96a22fd3d0d80b7b.jpg

I bought this desk approximately 10 years ago from IKEA. It cost somewhat between 150 and 200 bucks. It's still a very nice desk so I don't intend to replace it any time soon.

I think it was called "Gustav" (stupid IKEA names) ?

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?