I have 700 15ISK 80 RU, and I want to upgrade it with a better panel.

Oneperson

Okay here's the premise, I did "some" of my research before I bought this thing... well, my research was terrible. I compared panels on panelook.com, and did some other things.

The panel I am currently using is IP156WHA-SPA2 (I think), which is only "about" 720p. So in 2019, I wanted an upgrade. I wanted one of those high refresh rate 100+ monitors that I watched on YouTube. So, I picked the model B156HAN04.5, but N156HCE-GA2 came. But I don't care about that right now.

My laptop is 30 pin (2 eDP lanes), and my first panel supported up to 60 hz and 45% NTSC.

The N156HCE-GA2 supports up to 120hz and supports 72% NTSC.

After I received it, I installed it on my computer. The screen starts to flicker, I can do basic tasks like logging in, but every 0.1 seconds or so it flickers. Why does it do this?

My possible reasons are:

it's incompatible due to:

• Drivers (which is the best possible reason for me since I have a slimmer of hope) or some software related issue. I had thought of this issue because in the "properties" of "PnP Generic Monitor" driver, even though the device supported 120 hz, the only option that came up was only 64hz. (what's up with that?, why is it 64 hz?)

• power support for the panel from the notebook through the cables (most likely because I am dumb, and did not check things before I bought them, well this was 75% experimental anyways.)

There are also other reasons that I had in mind but I can't remember due to lack of sleep.