New GPU - 1080ti/2080

NPDPdev

I've been rocking a 1070 Founder's Edition for just over a year now, and it's been treating me very well. I want to get into the 1440p ~90-120hz gaming zone, and am torn between choosing a used 1080ti, or used 2080 non-super. The prices of these cards are very similiar, but the 2080 is slightly more expensive averaging around $550-600, whereas the 1080ti is around $500-550.

I plan on upgrading my current VR setup to include a Valve Index, and so I am not looking into waiting for a future AMD release, since Nvidia cards are supposedly better for VR (although I haven't been able to find much testing to back that up). I also know at some point ray tracing will be a desirable feature, but that is not my concern right now, so that would not play into my decision at all.

I also may decide to run SLI with the chosen card at some point, but again, I'm not too concerned about that at some point (especially because VR has abysmal support for SLI).

Which card would you guys reccomend?

^if not for above i'd say just get 1080ti, they are very similar performance, but he brings up a good point. 

6 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

^if not for above i'd say just get 1080ti, they are very similar performance, but he brings up a good point. 

Feel free to tag me lol

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper