Good low-profile Cpu Cooler for an A10 6800K?

RelentlessAF
Go to solution Solved by Jack.EXE,

have you already bought the 6800K? if not, I'd look to get the new Kaveri A8-7700K.

but back to your question: worry not, the stock cooler is adequate for the 6800k, even in SFF builds. as long as you do not overclock. it might get loud though.

Hi there, my dad has recently gotten into PC gaming with me and his gaming PC is very low end. He can't even hit 30fps in Battlefield 3 with all settings set to low and a custom config. He only has the budget for a CPU right now and can't get a GPU for quite awhile so I figure an APU would net him decent performance until he saves up the extra cash. Unfortunately, he only has the stock AMD cooler and I'm not sure if that would be an adequate cooling method for the APU. I'm not looking to get crazy low temps or to OC it I just want it to keep from burning up and throttling under load. What would you recommend as a low-profile CPU cooler that would keep it cool for not too high of a price?

have you already bought the 6800K? if not, I'd look to get the new Kaveri A8-7700K.

but back to your question: worry not, the stock cooler is adequate for the 6800k, even in SFF builds. as long as you do not overclock. it might get loud though.

The stock cooler will keep it cool even in a sff build but don't oc it (fairly obvious) and it might get sorta loud.

*edit* someone beat me to it.