Need Help with graphics drivers

Ok so I bought a used 1060 6gb, and it ran perfectly fine on the guy's build when I tested it

On my PC I can't find any drivers, so literally nothing in any part, I can't find the Nvidia control panel even though I got it from the Microsoft store

So I built my PC today, and I went to install drivers for it, finding them on Nvidia's site, I download the latest version, it goes through the compatibility phase, I choose what I want to be installed and then it goes. It starts installing graphics drivers, but it gets to the letter G, stops and then it doesn't go further, after 5 minutes it stops trying and just doesn't install the drivers or any of the other software

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

IMG_20191225_012029.jpg

you have actually rebooted the system, after installing the graphics card, before you tried to install the drivers?

1 minute ago, Pharr Carnell said:

you have actually rebooted the system, after installing the graphics card, before you tried to install the drivers?

I have multiple times, and it hasn't changed anything

3 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Can you try DDU and install the driver offline?

DDU? I haven't heard of that, but I have tried to Install offline and it still fails

2 minutes ago, bronzesilver said:

DDU? I haven't heard of that, but I have tried to Install offline and it still fails

DisplayDriverUninstaller. Might give this a try to see if it works.

First: grab the latest NVIDIA installer

Second, disconnect your computer from the internet

Third, follow DDU instructions. DDU recommends use it on safe mode if I remember

Fourth, reboot your computer once DDU done

Fourth, install gpu drive in normal mode

2 minutes ago, bronzesilver said:

DDU is a tool called Display Driver Uninstaller. It will completly wipe any driver you have, so you can install the latest version without any possible conflicts from previous drivers.
I do it before every driver update to remove useless junk from previous drivers.

DDU = Display Driver Uninstall, google it up, download and install, you'll get nagged about rebooting in Safe Mode..up to you; I never bothered and no probs...but that doesn't mean you'd have the same result. Can only try it and hope for the best...my only other concern or question would be; are you certain the card is a genuine name brand item? Not a cheapo Chinese rip-off copy with say a GTS 450 BIOS been tweaked to read as something else?

5 minutes ago, Pharr Carnell said:

DDU = Display Driver Uninstall, google it up, download and install, you'll get nagged about rebooting in Safe Mode..up to you; I never bothered and no probs...but that doesn't mean you'd have the same result. Can only try it and hope for the best...my only other concern or question would be; are you certain the card is a genuine name brand item? Not a cheapo Chinese rip-off copy with say a GTS 450 BIOS been tweaked to read as something else?

And that's where I have an issue, since I have no drivers installed, I can't know for sure. I mean, from the outside it looks like a Gigabyte Windforce OC 1060, it appears like that in device manager but Im still not sure. I have downloaded GPU-Z but it just shows blank spaces where the values should be, possibly since I have no drivers

From memory GPU-Z detects a 'fake' card and states 'Fake nVidia XXX' in the box where the name is specified...should not depend on Drivers being installed...

6 hours ago, bronzesilver said:

And that's where I have an issue, since I have no drivers installed, I can't know for sure. I mean, from the outside it looks like a Gigabyte Windforce OC 1060, it appears like that in device manager but Im still not sure. I have downloaded GPU-Z but it just shows blank spaces where the values should be, possibly since I have no drivers

Or if you not sure just open the card and check the number on the die ( after you clean thermal paste) should be GP106-400-A1 if you see any other number it means fake card. Just remember to apply new thermal paste when putting it back together. 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS