Cedrick Mapa

Hello guys,

so this is my current build
MOBO: Gigabyte x470 Aorus gaming 7
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
RAM: Gigabyte Aorus Ram 8x2 3200mhz
GPU: Asus Strix Rx 580 
PSU: Seasonic MII Evo 750w

So today, I was thinking if i could upgrade my gpu to the new Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 5700xt. Will this be a good upgrade? also will this be compatible to my Motherboard and will not bottleneck my cpu? I hope you guys could help. Any comments or advice is very appreciated. Thank you

3 minutes ago, Cedrick Mapa said:

Hello guys,

so this is my current build
MOBO: Gigabyte x470 Aorus gaming 7
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
RAM: Gigabyte Aorus Ram 8x2 3200mhz
GPU: Asus Strix Rx 580 
PSU: Seasonic MII Evo 750w

So today, I was thinking if i could upgrade my gpu to the new Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 5700xt. Will this be a good upgrade? also will this be compatible to my Motherboard and will not bottleneck my cpu? I hope you guys could help. Any comments or advice is very appreciated. Thank you

CPU can easily handle the upgrade, I'd personally get the 2070 super for that extra performance jump and overclock it to the max and then you'll be right on the limit of what your system can handle cpu wise and psu wise 

Definitely shouldn't be any bottlnecks, a 2700 and 5700XT is a good combo. As for will it be a good upgrade, I would say yes. Userbenchmark rates the 5700xt as about 70% faster than the 580, so it should be a significant performance improvement, especially at higher resolutions. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

43 minutes ago, Dean.P. said:

CPU can easily handle the upgrade, I'd personally get the 2070 super for that extra performance jump and overclock it to the max and then you'll be right on the limit of what your system can handle cpu wise and psu wise 

Absolutely not.  

2070s is a 1440p/1440pUW card but isn't worth it due to the price/performance of the 5700XT.  5700XT would be better for 1080p tho probably a bit overkill, which leaves room for moving to 1440p.

I run a 2700x with a 2080ti. That should answer the old bottleneck question lol. Only time a cpu will bottleneck a high end GPU is at 1080p where the cpu is more often than not the weakest link as the GPU can easily soit out enough frames. This is true for easier to run games like csgo ect. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

1 hour ago, Lorant said:

Absolutely not.  

2070s is a 1440p/1440pUW card but isn't worth it due to the price/performance of the 5700XT.  5700XT would be better for 1080p tho probably a bit overkill, which leaves room for moving to 1440p.

Im staying on 1080p, cuz 1440p monitors here is very expensive already have a 165hz 1080p 27" monitor

2 hours ago, Dean.P. said:

Rtx 2070 super is  a bit overprice here in philippines thats why im sticking with 5700xt, rtx 2070 super is a good card i agree

2 hours ago, AndrewB121 said:

Definitely should'nt be any bottlnecks, a 2700 and 5700XT is a good combo. As for will it be a good upgrade, I would say yes. Userbenchmark rates the 5700xt as about 70% faster than the 580, so it should be a significant performance improvement, especially at higher resolutions. 

Will my mobo be compatible for that gpu?

44 minutes ago, Lorant said:

Yes, will work without issue.

Great, thabks men. I was just wondering what isbthebuse of the pcie4? Do gpus benefit from it?

16 minutes ago, Cedrick Mapa said:

Great, thabks men. I was just wondering what isbthebuse of the pcie4? Do gpus benefit from it?

PCIe 4.0 is 2x faster than 3.0, and the 5700XT doesn't come close to using all the bandwidth of 3.0, so 4.0 isn't needed at all.