Most stable drivers for RX 5700 (non XT)?

johnsoner13

Hi, so on wednesday I'll be getting an XFX RX 5700 DD Ultra. I've just been reading that drivers have been quite unstable and a real issue for these cards, specifically the 2020 drivers, so I'm just wondering if anyone with a 5700 or 5700 XT has any experience with the best (most stable) drivers and can recommend me them so I can have a smooth gameplay experience from the get-go. Thanks, much appreciated.

37 minutes ago, johnsoner13 said:

Hi, so on wednesday I'll be getting an XFX RX 5700 DD Ultra. I've just been reading that drivers have been quite unstable and a real issue for these cards, specifically the 2020 drivers, so I'm just wondering if anyone with a 5700 or 5700 XT has any experience with the best (most stable) drivers and can recommend me them so I can have a smooth gameplay experience from the get-go. Thanks, much appreciated.

They’ve been messing with them a lot. I understand they’ve gotten them more dialed in lately and the constant new releases have slowed. SOP is always go with the newest driver available.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

AFAIK the latest version (Adrenaline 2020) is the only version that works with the 5700 non XT, it was its release driver after all.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)