Dell R430 Won't Boot after RAID Configuartion

Austin152

Hello Everyone,

I am really hoping somebody with Dell server Experience can help me.

I have an R430 with 3 4TB SAS HDD's that I have configured in RAID 0 with the h330 Mini Raid controller. 

I also have a 800GB SAS drive that I want to use as the boot drive as it has windows server 2019 installed on it.

After I changed to Raid those 3 drives i can no longer see the SSD as a boot option. And I get an error that says cannot boot from C Drive or something along those lines.

Essentially The SSD is not a boot option and it can never find a drive with an OS to boot to.

How do i fix this so i can boot from the SSD while having those 3 Drives raided for storage.

The Boot mode is set to Bios currently and it was able to boot before the RAID CHanges as i said. And the SSD is not configured as a raid capable drive.

Corsair 650d, Core i5 3570k, H100, Galaxy gtx670, Asus z77 vDeluxe Mobo, 16g kingston hyper x memory.

SO does the raid card let you pick the boot device? It does on my r230 with a h730. Then select the ssd from there, and have the raid card as the top boot priority.

On 12/19/2019 at 3:23 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

SO does the raid card let you pick the boot device? It does on my r230 with a h730. Then select the ssd from there, and have the raid card as the top boot priority.

I figured it out. I had to set the SAS SSD as a Raidable Drive even though it was not going to be RAIDED or part of the V Disk.

I made sure I had Boot to C Drive checked and hard disk fail over I believe is checked as well now. and it boots into the OS Correctly.

Corsair 650d, Core i5 3570k, H100, Galaxy gtx670, Asus z77 vDeluxe Mobo, 16g kingston hyper x memory.