Monitor goes into power saving mode when gaming

Good Day/Evening good people,

i have built my computer about a year ago and only started gaming on it recently. 

At first the monitor used to go into power save mode randomly while using programs like solidworks, inventor or autocad. The pc also randomly reboots itself.

Now when i started gaming, i downloaded origin and need for speed (2015) from cdkeys. upon launching the game for the first time, the computer would randomly reboot within 10 minutes of gaming. in the boot menu i have left everything in its default settings so as to rule out any issues with the boot set up. my ram isn't even running in xmp. i downloaded drivers from the asus website. Under "VGA" i downloaded all the drivers in this list. i starting at the very top. i downloaded the first driver, test the game and i can only get as far as the game menu. as soon as i click on "start playing' i get a load screen and this load screen doesn't finish loading before the monitor goes into power save. the only way to continue after this is to do a hard reset. i have uninstalled all of my other drawing programs to make sure they weren't causing the issue either.  i am new to pc building so i am not sure if the information i have provided is enough, could i please have some guidance for troubleshooting. where to start looking for clues to tell me why this is happening? (specs below). Thanks in advance

Phanteks enthoo pro 

seasonic g series 550w

Asus B350-F

ryzen 3 2200G

corsair dominator platinum 3000mhz

asus phoenix gtx1050ti 

intel 600p 128GB SSD

windows 10 64bit

What’s your Windows power plan mode? Try to change that maybe in first place, check the settings over there, it may be good idea to change it to performance instead of balance (if its not set already). Also what’s your temps of cpu and gpu when under the load?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

23 minutes ago, Whiro said:

What’s your Windows power plan mode? Try to change that maybe in first place, check the settings over there, it may be good idea to change it to performance instead of balance (if its not set already). Also what’s your temps of cpu and gpu when under the load?

Thank you for the swift response. MUCH appreciated.

it was set exactly between power save and performance. i have put it to full performance. with regards to the drivers, was i supposed to install all of the drivers under "VGA" or jst the driver on the very top they have different names so i assumed they were each different drivers. here is the link. https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/PH-GTX1050TI-4G/HelpDesk_Download/

thanks again

23 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Don't. Download them from nVidia's site.

Hi there, thank you for your swift response. 

should i uninstall ALL of the drivers i have downloaded from asus? or should i download drivers from nvidia and this will automatically replace the existing drivers?

Thanks again

7 minutes ago, NKR 25510 said:

Hi there, thank you for your swift response. 

should i uninstall ALL of the drivers i have downloaded from asus? or should i download drivers from nvidia and this will automatically replace the existing drivers?

Thanks again

DDU all drivers just in case and download them from Nvidia website, Asus and other manufacturers very often have outdated drivers on there sides

i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

i didn't know this. thank you . i will try this now.

should i uninstall VGA drivers only or utilities and 3rd party utilities as well? (both from asus)

Just to be on the save side it not gonna hurt reinstalling all of them (at least all nvidia), but definitely do the drivers. Asus software you can leave untouched 

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

1 hour ago, Whiro said:

Hi again,

i have set the power mode to best performance and tried to run the game 3 times after. on the first attempt the pc rebooted before the game menu. on the second attempt the pc rebooted at this point again but this time rebooted AGAIN before i could put in my windows password. on the third attempt the pc rebooted before the game menu again.

i am going to try downloading nvidia drivers as suggest below and see if that works. is there any sort of even log i can provide you with to better diagnose the issue? could it be the monitor itself that cant handle the game display?

41 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Just to be on the save side it not gonna hurt reinstalling all of them (at least all nvidia), but definitely do the drivers. Asus software you can leave untouched 

so i shouldnt do the DDU for now? im going to go ahead and install the nvidia driver and see if anything changes

Do the ddu of nvidia drivers before you install the new ones

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

9 hours ago, Caroline said:

Yes, uninstall everything related to video you got from ASUS manually from control panel don't use any "magic trick" software that claims to uninstall or reinstall drivers because it most likely won't work or leave corrupt files behind. Then install the drivers from the nvidia site.

Hi. I downloaded the driver file from nvidia but haven't installed yet. In the mean time I have been uninstalling nvidia/Asus stuff from my control panel one by one... After each restart my computer was crashing.... Now it refuses to boot at all. It says a device is missing. Is this normal for when you are removing drivers? I can get into my bios. What should I do? 

Does it say what device is missing?? Any chance you can take pic of the message which is showing 

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

7 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Does it say what device is missing?? Any chance you can take pic of the message which is showing 

Picture attached 

15768245582674015810405403563447.jpg

Go to bios and see what drive is set as default for booting. Other thing which you can try is to swap ssd to different sata port

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

2 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Go to bios and see what drive is set as default for booting. Other thing which you can try is to swap ssd to different sata port

I am actually running a m. 2 drive for this. Is there a way in my bios to get to  last known good configuration? I have a. Asus b350-F motherboard 

7 minutes ago, Whiro said:

This is what my boot menu looks like 

15768252721257703938720612913722.jpg