Should i put push or pull?

ValveAllowsCheaters

So im adding a fan to my gpu and i thinking should i put push or pull because stock fan would still be enabled. Also im drilling a cut out for the fan above the heatsink.

IMG_20191219_161312.jpg

Hmmmm.  Well since the other fan draws air into the GPU shroud then cutting a hole may make an exhaust that goes into the case instead of out of the back and then you're just re-circulating that hot air.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

haha you serious? What about just adding more airflow to the case and open up the graphics card and clean it. And maybe even change thermal paste?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

haha you serious? What about just adding more airflow to the case and open up the graphics card and clean it. And maybe even change thermal paste?

Man, I really think you're missing out by not starting all of your posts with "Hi, everbody!"

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

Man, I really think you're missing out by not starting all of your posts with "Hi, everbody!"

Would be too time consuming, then I would have to wait for people to reply: "Hi Dr. Nick!"

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Would be too time consuming, then I would have to wait for people to reply: "Hi Dr. Nick!"

Nah, just say it and then say whatever you were going to.  

7 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Did that already

Just now, ValveAllowsCheaters said:

Did that already

What temps do you get?

FS in Denmark/EU:

9 minutes ago, nick name said:

Hmmmm.  Well since the other fan draws air into the GPU shroud then cutting a hole may make an exhaust that goes into the case instead of out of the back and then you're just re-circulating that hot air.  

So pushing air into the gpu it is? Or would that damage the blower because case fan is running at higher rpm/ pushing more air?

Just now, ValveAllowsCheaters said:

So pushing air into the gpu it is? Or would that damage the blower that its running at higher rpm?

Maybe, but I'd imagine that would take a while.  I'm more curious about the other fan adding turbulence that would hinder the first fan's performance.  

Just now, nick name said:

Maybe, but I'd imagine that would take a while.  I'm more curious about the other fan adding turbulence that would hinder the first fan's performance.  

I can disable the blower, in that case what would be better?

i wouldn't cut into it. the blower is optimised for the gpu in terms of placement and airflow. you can't help it. try to undervolt it instead, set a custom fan curve etc

Hi Everyone !!!!! LOL

My 2 cents:

If you push air, it will go both ways, and hinder the blower, this will result in higher temps.

If you pull air, then it will suck in air from outside more than from the side of the blower, that hot air will recirculate inside the case, resulting in higher or same temps.

You have not talked about budget, but I think there are water coolers for these GPU's, that could help with the higher temps.

Barring that, I would suggest, just opening the case and leaving it open for a few days and then see if there is an improvement in temps. If you do, then you would know that the case airflow needs to be fixed.

4 hours ago, The_Geek said:

Hi Everyone !!!!! LOL

My 2 cents:

If you push air, it will go both ways, and hinder the blower, this will result in higher temps.

If you pull air, then it will suck in air from outside more than from the side of the blower, that hot air will recirculate inside the case, resulting in higher or same temps.

You have not talked about budget, but I think there are water coolers for these GPU's, that could help with the higher temps.

Barring that, I would suggest, just opening the case and leaving it open for a few days and then see if there is an improvement in temps. If you do, then you would know that the case airflow needs to be fixed.

I tend to agree.  I think it would be an absolutely horrible idea to try to jury rig that GPU into some sort of Frankenstein hybrid of bower/open shroud cooler.  I expect all that would result in is a ruined GPU and if that is going to be the result, it would just make more sense to go out and buy a new card in the first place. If buying a new card isn't an option, then a water cooling block would be the next step though I think your taking at least $100+ to put a waterblock on it.  Best bet, deal with the noise or just buy a new card.

What you can do is go full ghetto style , strip the shroud, get rid off that blower style fan and strap the normal case fans to heatsink. I done it before ( different card btw) but it worked really well.

D5F6CC3D-A763-4ED2-A7B8-FE97F8B2E4B7.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS