Rx 5700xt red devil fan control

Go to solution Solved by Chiyawa,

Well, here's how you can control from the latest AMD Radeon software (19.12.2), here's how:

Open your Radeon software, go to performance tab. Select the Tuning just underneath the performance tab, and you should see an image like the one below. Click manual, and at the fan category, set fan tuning and advance control to enable. Click the Fine tuning controls and you should be able to control your GPU fan.

image.thumb.png.b848f00320ba7b16be4d9a1adcd19625.png

It looks like you might need to update MSI After Burner (if they have) if you wish to use the software.

Hope that help... Well, this may not really solving your problem, but at least a work around while AMD and MSI work for a patch.

Hi all. I'm not sure if it's the right place to write it, but because it's tied up with gpu, I may just. So long story short I just noticed, that I can't control my RX 5700 xt red devil fan speed with afterburner while using newest adrenalin 2020, but I can with 1 version older, 2019. Well I didn't analyzed the newest driver deeply so I didn't noticed where I could check to make it 100% manual and let my afterburner do the job for me. Any1 knows the place where I should go or adrenalin just over rides the afterburner and there is no way to make it right???

31 minutes ago, LHRaBBiT said:

or adrenalin just over rides the afterburner and there is no way to make it right???

No i don't think so, set Afterburner to start at windows start up.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

10 minutes ago, Constantin said:

No i don't think so, set Afterburner to start at windows start up.

Didn't work, still have same issue :(

1 minute ago, LHRaBBiT said:

Didn't work, still have same issue :(

:(

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Adrenalin 2020 broke fan control for MSI Afterburner. ?

Let see if the hotfix will fix it. I don't see any mention about fan control in the list though. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Well, here's how you can control from the latest AMD Radeon software (19.12.2), here's how:

Open your Radeon software, go to performance tab. Select the Tuning just underneath the performance tab, and you should see an image like the one below. Click manual, and at the fan category, set fan tuning and advance control to enable. Click the Fine tuning controls and you should be able to control your GPU fan.

image.thumb.png.b848f00320ba7b16be4d9a1adcd19625.png

It looks like you might need to update MSI After Burner (if they have) if you wish to use the software.

Hope that help... Well, this may not really solving your problem, but at least a work around while AMD and MSI work for a patch.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.