Dual PC Stream Setup 60 FPS Cap

So im getting a 60 fps cap on a 144Hz monitor with V-sync off. This isn't making sense to me. but let me give you the rundown of how this is set up.

Monitor 1 = 144Hz 

Monitor 2 = Elgato HD60s

Monitor 3 = 2nd Monitor at 75Hz

Capture.PNG.41f21de05184ac727c133409abfb5e65.PNG

Monitor 1 and 2 are duplicated and I am having an issue with my games being capped at 60FPS as if Vsync is turned on (it's not ever) and I can only get out of the cap by going to window mode then back to full screen everytime I die or start a new match...

Another fix to this is by opening OBS on the gaming PC and sending a full screen preview from "Monitor 2" (144Hz) to my "Monitor 3" (HD60s). But this adds anywhere from 15-20% extra GPU utilization on my RTX 2070 Super.

Is there any other fix to this issue where I'm getting capped at 60 fps?

Edited by DiegoDaSilva
messed up oops

is it whilst being ingame and your vsync might be turned on automatically, and or an fps cap to the game?

are you recording with your elgato on the monitor and if that's the case the elgato might cap it at 60 whilst recording

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Its the capture card that is causing the 60 fps cap. Nothing you can do about it beyond upgrading to the new 60s+ or 4k60pro mk2

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 hours ago, flashiling said:

is it whilst being ingame and your vsync might be turned on automatically, and or an fps cap to the game?

are you recording with your elgato on the monitor and if that's the case the elgato might cap it at 60 whilst recording

No vsync on as mentioned. 

Just now, DiegoDaSilva said:

No vsync on as mentioned. 

And no fps cap either

8 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Its the capture card that is causing the 60 fps cap. Nothing you can do about it beyond upgrading to the new 60s+ or 4k60pro mk2

Using the obs workaround there is a fix... Using a full screen preview from main display to the elgato you can capture your gameplay. My concern is if the gameplay is 1080p60 and good quality. At first I was getting up to 20% Gpu usage on a 2070 super but now it has lowered to 2 or 3% on its own.