is a o2 combo that much better than e17+ e09k?

mhirt34

I recently just upgraded from a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm's to a HiFiman HE-400s. I have been driving both of these headphones off of a Fiio E17 APLEN amp dac combo. Now I want to really be able to drive these headphones. I am debating selling my DT 990s, the e17, and the e7 that I used on my portable headphones; to get a o2 amp. But I could save some money and keep everything and just pick up a E09k since I already have a e17. so is it worth selling all of that to get a o2 amp ( i would still probably have to pay 70+ out of pocket for the amp dac combo) or just pick up the e09k?

Performance wise, the big deal we make about the O2 is for low impedance headphones. The E9k would be nice for home use just because of the big knob and the charging dock, but if you want to make a hobby out of buying/trying multiple headphones it'd be a good idea to get a good desktop solution.

I'd say go E9k for best convenience; go O2 (or wait a year for Mayflower's new products) for best performance.

Performance wise, the big deal we make about the O2 is for low impedance headphones. The E9k would be nice for home use just because of the big knob and the charging dock, but if you want to make a hobby out of buying/trying multiple headphones it'd be a good idea to get a good desktop solution.

I'd say go E9k for best convenience; go O2 (or wait a year for Mayflower's new products) for best performance.

okay, well i think i got some debating to do lol. Im just unsure about this because i dont know where to sell them and ebay fees are a pain.

okay, well i think i got some debating to do lol. Im just unsure about this because i dont know where to sell them and ebay fees are a pain.

eBay doesn't have fees for small sellers mayne.

the e9 has a higher 10ohm output impedance, the beyers will be fine, but it will play with the sound signature of the he400's

the e17 and o2 both have very low, at or under 1ohm, output impedance so they should be nearly ruler flat no matter what ohm headphones you use.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

the e9 has a higher 10ohm output impedance, the beyers will be fine, but it will play with the sound signature of the he400's

the e17 and o2 both have very low, at or under 1ohm, output impedance so they should be nearly ruler flat no matter what ohm headphones you use.

okay so the o2  sounds like its the best choice.

?

they rob me of a cut everytime

and I don't even sell that much, you should get a monthly invoice for ebay fees if you sell. 

Error: 410

yes but at the end of the month the charge you money for each item you post. i sold 3 items in january and got a $33 dollar fee at the end of the month from ebay.

There's a 14% fee for each item sold O.o

I only ever sold a friend's xbox, maybe I did it during some special event or something

how?

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.