need help with heatsink

uday kanth

Cooler-master-original-lga-775-heatsink-fan

1)can this heat sink be installed for am3 boards? 

2)do i need the bracket ,cause mine is broken?

3)how to install?(not that important,but still,i appreciate if someone answers.) 

post-56502-0-81230300-1391955023.jpg

The supported sockets should be listed on the box. To install it consult the manual that came with it.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

What model is that CPU cooler?

i dont know,dude(its a used one,and the actual owner dont know shit about it.)

Google it, find the manufacturer, we can't tell you how to install it unless we know the exact model, and when you do find it you will probably be able to find all you need on their website.

Otherwise just consult any tutorial for AM3 and you should be able to figure out if it will work, and hot to make it work.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

It looks like a Cooler Master TX3, which is an OK Cpu cooler.

The TX3 comes with mounting hardware for Am3, but is a pain in the ass to install. Luckily there are videos showing how to do it. It doesn't need a backplate.

Please take in mind, that if this is not a TX3 (maybe an old discontinued version) you may not have the mounting hardware for it.

It looks like a Cooler Master TX3, which is an OK Cpu cooler.

The TX3 comes with mounting hardware for Am3, but is a pain in the ass to install. Luckily there are videos showing how to do it. It doesn't need a backplate.

Please take in mind, that if this is not a TX3 (maybe an old discontinued version) you may not have the mounting hardware for it.

thanks man.

Google it, find the manufacturer, we can't tell you how to install it unless we know the exact model, and when you do find it you will probably be able to find all you need on their website.

Otherwise just consult any tutorial for AM3 and you should be able to figure out if it will work, and hot to make it work.

ok ,thanks