No display after updating Asus x470-i

Jeans

Hello, I started a new build on ryzen with an x470 board. I borrowed a friend's 2200g to install the necessity and then downloaded the newest bios on to mobo. It went through the 100% updating section then booted straight into windows with no issue. I thought everything was set so I removed the 2200g and placed the 3700x in and the gpu fan ramped up and never went down. No post or any display, Ive tried the ram in different configs. I tried putting back the 2200g and that also won't boot with the same issue

I've tried:

- one stick on different slots

- using the integrated gpu on the 2200g

- resetting bios with the jumper

- leaving each cpu on for a bit longer

- use the bios recovery feature on the asus board with both a new bios on a USB stick and the old default on, and also the cd

- I've tried using the speaker module to get error codes, even when I only had the cpu on it and no ram there's still no beeps to indicate what's the problem

Cpu: 3700x and 2200g

Ram: Trident Z Neo 3600c16

Gpu: Rtx 2080 founders edition

Any help would be appreciated, I've been stuck on it for hours now and would love to just play minecraft 

Thanks

Just return it. sound like the board just didn't handle it's bios update somehow and you pretty much checked what we would have said to try.

the board is designed to have the bios updated and seeing as it failed the update then it's not working as intended so you have every right to return it

36 minutes ago, emosun said:

Just return it. sound like the board just didn't handle it's bios update somehow and you pretty much checked what we would have said to try.

the board is designed to have the bios updated and seeing as it failed the update then it's not working as intended so you have every right to return it

Dang it, wish I could've been done today. Is getting the same motherboard alright? I liked the ui, features and aesthetics it has when it was working and would like to keep it if possible

I guess you could but i'd be worried about possibly bricking another board if their update software has a problem especially their dual bios not working.