Is my computer able to be a hackintosh?

I've been using Windows for years, but want to install Mac to my computer because for the heck of it, I like Mac OSX and have also been running into BSOD trouble with Windows and my whole family runs macs, so I will be able to use the printer etc.  So would my computer be able to run Mac?  And would it be hard to make a hackintosh?  This is only an idea right now, not a decision so I wont be doing just yet, its just an idea that I might do in the future.

My specs (the ones that matter):

Mobo: Asus p9x79le

GPU: GTX 650

CPU: i7 3820

PSU: Silverstone Strider plus 600w 80+ silver

HDD: Seagate barracuda 2TB

SSD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO

I do currently have an old 13 macbook running OSX mavericks, so I might be able to transfer the OSX operating system? 

Thanks in advance guys, sorry to all the mac haters.  I am a windows fanboy but I am considering this.  

-snip-

>my whole family runs macs, so I will be able to use the printer etc.

wat... never heard of a mac only printer. And sorry for all the BSODs, you're getting, i've had one BSOD in 10 years running 6 different computers lol.

Hmmm, given it's not a Gigabyte board, you don't have a great chance. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

>my whole family runs macs, so I will be able to use the printer etc.

wat... never heard of a mac only printer. And sorry for all the BSODs, you're getting, i've had one BSOD in 10 years running 6 different computers lol.

yeah its a wireless cloud print printer, I keep getting BSOD from drivers and faulty hardware  

yeah its a wireless cloud print printer, I keep getting BSOD from drivers and faulty hardware  

the tonymacx86 website and forum will be able to help you a lot more for hackintoshing.

Personally I use OSX quite often due to work and all, and although I'm very used to it because I grew up on it, I don't really enjoy it much. Would much rather use something like linux mint.

the tonymacx86 website and forum will be able to help you a lot more for hackintoshing.

Personally I use OSX quite often due to work and all, and although I'm very used to it because I grew up on it, I don't really enjoy it much. Would much rather use something like linux mint.

I grew up with windows but my whole family uses macs even my uncle... and my grandparents are asking me to help choose them a "mac" so my whole family is getting them.  So it only makes sense, I just hate the pre-built macs... sometimes I do but they are so overpriced and they normally dont have the best cooling. 

I grew up with windows but my whole family uses macs even my uncle... and my grandparents are asking me to help choose them a "mac" so my whole family is getting them.  So it only makes sense, I just hate the pre-built macs... sometimes I do but they are so overpriced and they normally dont have the best cooling. 

to be fair apple laptops are quite good and not that overpriced these days when you compare to the competition.

to be fair apple laptops are quite good and not that overpriced these days when you compare to the competition.

Finally someone else noticed tha same thing! An ASUS zenbook ux301 is just as expensive or even more expensive than a MacBook Pro....

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Finally someone else noticed tha same thing! An ASUS zenbook ux301 is just as expensive or even more expensive than a MacBook Pro....

really?

Thank you, is Linux Mint comparable to mac?  I might just run it in a VM and see how it goes.  

Thank you, is Linux Mint comparable to mac?  I might just run it in a VM and see how it goes.  

no linuxmint is more comparable to windows I'd say. Ubuntu however is quite similar to OSX.