PC SHUTDOWN

Monyo
Hey guys? what is the best solution for this, my computer specs i3 9100F th gen +gtx 1650 and whenever i play GTA 5 it always shutdown and my temperature hits up to 71 degrees, i have no aircondition in my room thats why maybe. should i i buy Great Casing fans that high RPM? or i should get LIQUID COOLER which has will give big impact

5 hours ago, Monyo said:

This one is the PSU @Caroline

78766284_2606211482801317_1154654339227189248_n.jpg

I think I just threw up a little.

500 watts / 12 volts is 41 amps continuous output.

yet it says 30 amps on the 12v line.

I just threw up again.

30 * 12 is 360 watts.

That's a 360 watt power supply.

Threw up again.

Toss that thing and buy something decent please.  And don't ever bargain shop for a PSU again.  Buy something quality.

@FalkentyneCould you screen shot for this where label this on my PSU please 30 * 12 is 360 watts.

You need to google how power supplies work and study Ohm's law.

I take it you're not in college yet? :)

PSU sustained rating is equal to +12v  * amps (they operate on 12v) times amps.

Look up the Seasonic 1000W Titantium/Platinum.

https://seasonic.com/prime-platinum#specification

Notice the specs?

1000 * 12=1200 (this is the MAXIMUM power it can draw on that line).  So it's overspecced.

Amps * Volts is Watts. 

Let's look at the Seasonic fanless 600W.

https://seasonic.com/prime-titanium-fanless#specification

12v line, 50 amps.

That's 600 watts.

Yeah.
That crappy (i want to cuss here but I don't think I can) PSU you bought was a 360 Watt trash bin PSU you should throw away quickly.

30 * 12.

If that were REALLY a 500W PSU, the amps would be at least 42 amps.  42 amps * 12 volts=504 watts.

Do keep in mind this value can be a LITTLE Lower since there is also 3.3v and 5v.

You got scammed.  Let that be an important lesson--do NOT penny pinch the MOST Important part of your computer.  It's NOT the CPU.  It's not the motherboard nor the case.  it's the power supply!

You do know Ohm's law, don't you?  Take some time and look it up.  It's important even for gamers to know.

No problem.

This issue was a pretty hot topic some years ago, when there was a complete flood of terrible power supplies on the market.

Back when you had stuff like the chinese crap "Deer" power supplies and all these other terrible brands during the Pentium 4 and Core 2 days, and wrong specs listed, and PSU's that could barely exceed 60% of their listed wattage before shutting off (like you experienced here)--or--even worse--the ones that caught fire.

The internet was not so viral back then.  No Twitter, Youtube wasn't the same, facebook was for kids rather than for people's parents, etc and myspace was still cool.  So companies were able to get away with poopware a lot easier.  Now it's harder but they still manage it.

If you want to relax and have some fun, go to Jonnyguru's PSU site and look up "Death of a Gutless Wonder" and read the articles (either two or three).  Sit back and prepare to be entertained.

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2014/05/12/death-of-a-gutless-wonder-v-uncool-to-the-max/

There were four others but it looks like their review database is missing articles.  There's a HUGE gap in the review dates back in 2009.  You may want to contact the site admin and ask them to find the "Death of a Gutless Wonder 1, 2 and 3" oklahoma wolf reviews.

You can see the forum articles for it like here.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?5765-Death-of-a-Gutless-Wonder-II-Best-of-the-Bestec

But it links to 'link not found' for the review.