Anyone else do this?

Touch My Hamm

Hey I am wondering if anyone else randomly goes to Kajiji/Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace and searches computers to find WAY overprices "custom" PC's just to message the seller and let them know how silly they are. Just had an ad that wanted 2700 for a gtx 1660 and 7800. Or $800 for AMD FX-9370 and rx 570 with 8GB ram. I do not lambaste them or be mean, I just ask them how they go to the price they are requesting and sometimes send links to new computers around the same price and ask if thats what they were buying once they sell the very obvious price gouge. 

No I will not link the posts as that would be a breach of privacy for these people. Please do not post links or peoples names as that would be very mean. 

Or am I the only one.....

No offense, but I don't think a lot of people really care enough to do that. xD

(and I'm pretty sure that most of these guys know exactly what they are doing and are just trying to scam people who don't know much about tech)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

While making a listing on Facebook Marketplace today for my old R9 290x I saw a "Very Good Gaming PC!" on sale for $2500 and it had a gtx 1030.

I usually just report them as often times they know exactly what they're doing.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

38 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No offense, but I don't think a lot of people really care enough to do that. xD

(and I'm pretty sure that most of these guys know exactly what they are doing and are just trying to scam people who don't know much about tech)

Ya most people dont care Im just baffled that people think their stuff is worth that much. Lets say I want to sell my civir coupe for $70,000...I guess nobody will buy it but maybe some random person might get suckered in lol.

No. Why waste my time?

If someones dumb enough to pay that price for it. then that great for the seller.

Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I cant say what something is or isnt worth.

its just apart of the bartering process

you could just hit the seller with a low ball offer right off the top

or act dumb, string the seller along, drag it out, hit the seller with a very low ball offer

seller - starts off at $1M

buyer - starts off at free

you meet in the middle

They way I see it, I’d want to get the most of what I sell either. Good on them for selling if they can’t find people to buy at that price. 

Always get what you can! 

Just now, floofer said:

They way I see it, I’d want to get the most of what I sell either. Good on them for selling if they can’t find people to buy at that price. 

Always get what you can! 

some people just dont understand that concept

they figure the seller should list a price that the product will sell at fairly easily

5 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

they figure the seller should list a price that the product will sell at fairly easily

They need to understand the seller is there to sell. More than often there is always leeway, but people are only interested in people who buy. 

i mean i do look at them sometimes, to see what is selling in my area, but i dont go as far to compare prices and message sellers, i usually check to see what retro collectable hardware is available, like an 8800 gt or something similar 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

On 12/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, amdorintel said:

Chances are alot of them are trying to get what they can but alot in my City are def trying to rip people off. So its ok to swindle people since its their own fault since they are not an expert in the field? I have some magic beans to sell you :). difference between trying to get a good bargin and charging $3000 for a 4 year old computer system bc they can use i7 with good graphics card and 32GB RAM. Little do you know that its DDR2 with a 480GTX. This is equivalent to me of a car salesmen selling you a vehicle where they change the odometer to make it look like there are less KM on the vehicle to sell it for more since they did work on the engine. They replaced some parts of the engine so why not move the odometer to compensate for this?