Christmas time and I want to buy a new monitor

Ein0r

After 10 years, I thought a monitor upgrade would be nice, and I finally get a second monitor as I don't intend to throw the current one away. But looking through reviews, youtube videos and recommendations, I am more confused than ever, especially when it comes to what I want or need, for a budget of ~250€ ( $277 ). I am currently looking at three monitors and I am going to our local electronics store this weekend. I can read reviews and watch videos as many as I want but I also need to see them in action.

My pc is a Ryzen 5 with a Palit GTX 1060 GPU. More than good enough for the games we regularly play: Rocket League, League of Legends, R6 Siege, Warframe and Final Fantasy 14. Good looking but not extremely demanding.

My current monitor is a BenQ G2420DBL.

The main uses are gaming and watching videos. My little brother also uses it for drawing and some photo/video editing. None of us is using it for anything professional. The most professional thing is the occasional office work.

I want a 144hz monitor with good refresh rates. And if it comes with good color accuracy that would also be a nice plus.

The monitors I am currently looking at are:

• Asus VG279Q 

This is the monitor I am most interested in buying, even though it is a bit above my budget. 144hz, good reaction times (like all those monitors) and apparently good color accuracy. I have read various comments about their motion blur reduction feature being unnecessary or not working properly. Or I might have misunderstood what they meant.

• Samsung C24FG73 

It seems pretty good but has apparently a higher reaction time of 20ms? Maybe I am mixing it up with input lag, I am not entire sure if this is the same.

• AOC Gaming C24G1

144hz, good price for the 24" full hd version. I am not sure If I need a 27" monitor. I also never used a curved monitor. I heard they might not be too good for photo/video editing, but then again, we are no professionals. Just clips and memes lol. It has a TN panel, so color accuracy or saturation might not be the best. But as fas as I know now, my current BenQ monitor also has a TN panel. I read several comments about pixel errors and dead pixels in the amazon reviews.

And as mentioned above, I am going to look at monitors this weekend in my local store. I doubt that they have any of the mentioned monitors, except for the AOC. Do you have any advice for me when it comes to what I should look for in the monitors they will show me? I accompanied my dad last year when he went looking for a new tv, and the differences in saturation, colors, blacks and sizes were a complete sensory overload and I fear that this might happen again. ?