Building a rig just for fun. knowledge contribution and ideas welcome.

As usually is the case, build yourself isn't much cheaper than prebuild at times and mostly I use laptops on my desk anyway. Some time I just not bother to even start my deskop. Sure, I did some upgrade over the years but never properly build a system and shopping arround, value wise seem not that great compared to pre build especially after this shopping week end. But for the fun of it. Preferably finish before holidays but not an hard cap.

So around 200-300$ mark, but if it is a great value, I would not mind go around 1000$ and build a full on rig replacement for my desk. most likely with things know will be an AMD powered cpu and as for graphic is where I really need suggestions.

Actually I really need ideas everywhere. Your experience is mostly welcome anytime.

THX. Burning fire , keep the.

hello

It really depends for what you are going to use your PC. If you just want to have "allrouder" which is really powerfull, I recomend ryzen 3700x (if you are not planning overclock, just stock cooler will be good), some 450 mobo, 16gb or rams (3200 will be really good cause new ryzens support 3200 from the box) and you can still get some 5700 graphics in sale. Thats what you need. Case is up to you. I recommend rather something with goor airflow. (open from panel etc, just my recomendation)

@llubbo Probably will use it for a bit of gaming and so on, a bit of vr and some workflow cases and 8k playback(just testing it). 4k playback for sure. I tend to open a lot of tabs, 400-500 at times. I guess 16 g ram is must or maybe an ssd just case need paging after ram overrun for a full replacement. Right now, for power hungry stuff, I usually plug my laptop via HDMI to monitor. I do not really have a concrete idea what I want to do as I use my desktop as an auxiliary most of time.

It really comes down to price for value, I am not sure if I will be moving soon to another city, if so I will leave it to either my friend or sister but it will be overkill for them. I do just want to build one thus I mentioned the 200-300$mark. Really it comes down to cost since it won't be an must for me right now. 

Also need some feedback on motherboards to buy.