New PC worked for a week, then.....

I'm having a very odd issue with my new PC.

It worked fine for about a week. Now it isn't detecting any video cards. The cards work fine in other systems. The LEDs on the card indicate they're receiving power fine. I've made sure the display cables work. LEDs on the motherboard indicate that the CPU is fine, as it passes the boot check indicated by the on board LEDs. I re-seated the RAM. The BIOS was up-to-date., but I tried flashing a new copy of the BIOS to the board(which luckily can be done on this model without a display). Nothing has worked so far. It seems strange that the video card would suddenly stop being detected.

I can't think of any other point of fault except for the motherboard. 

Any suggestions would be great!

Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk Max

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 Xt Gaming OC 8G

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G5

Thank you very much for the help!!

EDIT: Sorry just realized I should've posted in Troubleshooting!

Have you tried the other full length pcie slot just to see if that works ? It is only pcie 2.0 x16 but will still be ok to test with.

You can try a few things. First, as they said, switch your card to another pcie slot and see if it works. If it doesn't, try with another cable from the psu to the gpu, maybe it's faulty. If that does not work either, try another psu and see if that's the problem.

I'm on the latest firmware :( 

9 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Have you tried the other full length pcie slot just to see if that works ? It is only pcie 2.0 x16 but will still be ok to test with.

I did try that (forgot to mention sorry) and no luck :(

7 hours ago, RodrigoRS said:

You can try a few things. First, as they said, switch your card to another pcie slot and see if it works. If it doesn't, try with another cable from the psu to the gpu, maybe it's faulty. If that does not work either, try another psu and see if that's the problem.

I tried another cable and no luck :( I don't have another PSU to try unfortunately. The card seeeeeems to be getting power (both 'no power cable' indicator lights are off, RGB is on, and the card outputs a black signal to the display).

I'm doing an RMA on the motherboard on the hope it fixes the issue. Thanks so much for the help!!