EA manipulating user reviews of Dungeon Keeper

nicehat

d-k-android-rating-1.jpg

Please Read both DK news items for full EA effect

Our friends at EA are up to some shadiness. The Android ver. of Dungeon Keeper has come under a shyte storm for trying to manipulate its players' votes by redirecting dissatisfied players to a private survey instead of Google Play Store.

Of course positive 5 star reviews are directly registered on the Google Play Store. EA insists that this practice aims only to collect information from the players directly in order to make the game better.

"We're always looking at new ways to gather player feedback so that we can continue to improve our games," an EA spokesperson said. "The 'rate this app' feature in the Google Play version of Dungeon Keeper was designed to help us collect valuable feedback from players who don't feel the game is worth a top rating."

To think! A separate survey and all the work that goes behind it! I'm sure the good folks at EA didnt realize that the Google Play Store could also be a place for negative reviews.  Im sure they will fix their ways soon.

In Related Dungeon Keeper News:

EA has responded to the paywall related criticism by citing its positive reviews. EA Mythic’s Jeff Skalski, addressed the harsh criticism of "Dungeon Keeper" and its paywall with this quote in an interview with Tab Times:

"At the time of this interview, App Store ratings currently sit at 4 out of 5 stars and Google Play ratings sit at 4.5 out of 5 stars. We’re also seeing a lot of game downloads and in-game engagement so that tells us there is a large group of people who are playing and enjoying the game. Obviously, this is counter to some of the angry reactions we’ve seen around the internet, so we’re still trying to look at all of these data points."

Ok so now they are just being diabolical asswipes. 

gabe-620x.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-defends-dungeon-keeper-paywall-with-positive-ratings-neglects-manipulation

http://dailytechwhip.com/ea-using-scammy-review-manipulation-dungeon-keeper-android/

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

YAY EA

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

In Related Dungeon Keeper News:

EA has responded to the paywall related criticism by citing its positive reviews. EA's Mythic’s Jeff Skalski, addressed the harsh criticism of "Dungeon Keeper" and its paywall with this quote in an interview with Tab Times:

"At the time of this interview, App Store ratings currently sit at 4 out of 5 stars and Google Play ratings sit at 4.5 out of 5 stars. We’re also seeing a lot of game downloads and in-game engagement so that tells us there is a large group of people who are playing and enjoying the game. Obviously, this is counter to some of the angry reactions we’ve seen around the internet, so we’re still trying to look at all of these data points."

they do have a point, though.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

they do have a point, though.

But people keep buying it based on great Google Play reviews and never get to trash it. Its a self propagating money making machine..Its not honest.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

But people keep buying it based on great Google Play reviews and never get to trash it. Its a self propagating money making machine..Its not honest.

that's how almost every industriy works.

being honest is one wf the worst marketing moves you can do.

and that's what's wrong with this world.

that's how almost every industriy works.

being honest is one wf the worst marketing moves you can do.

and that's what's wrong with this world.

But as far as I know, I dont think anyone has tried to actively hide negative reviews out of the public eye like these guys are. I mean it may happen here and there on Yelp (with companies suing for defamation), but this is an auto msg that goes out to anyone that doesnt give it 5 stars. 

But as far as I know, I dont think anyone has tried to actively hide negative reviews out of the public eye like these guys are. I mean it may happen here and there on Yelp (with companies suing for defamation), but this is an auto msg that goes out to anyone that doesnt give it 5 stars. 

a lot of people pay other people to get better reviews *cough* IGN *cough*

EA is just being a little more obvious.

And what abour Garrys Incident i.e

That explains the 5 star reviews.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

a lot of people pay other people to get better reviews *cough* IGN *cough*

EA is just being a little more obvious.

And what abour Garrys Incident i.e

hmm you are right... but this is a new level of low. EA is setting a new precedent. 

hmm you are right... but this is a new level of low. EA is setting a new precedent. 

EA is definitly the leader of low bars. now doubt.

that's why they haven't seen any money from me since FIFA 10.

I thought is was doing a bit too well for a clash of clans clone (mostly). EA really took a giant poop on this franchise. They turned a strategic management game into a completely different game that people who know the original could never like..