fake 144hz monitor? AOC G2460FQ

Will01

My friend has recently noticed that my 144hz monitor seems so much smoother than his, and turns out he is actually right. His monitor seems to be one of those scam 144hz monitors that are actually refreshing at 144hz, but skip out every other frame or whatever they do. So he paid for a monitor that is listed and certified by AOC as 144hz, but it isnt. He bought it used by the way. What can he do now? If its out of warranty is there no chance? Because i mean this is fraud. They are scamming customers. I have no idea about other countries laws, but here in the UK, this is not normal/okay? Where can he stand within his rights, without going too serious. Because i feel like a court case could easily be started here, not that we are looking to do that xD 

But this is quite a serious problem, and surely AOC are going to want to sort him out, rather than causing something more serious?

If you're sure that it's not an issue with PC itself then RMA it.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 hours ago, Juular said:

If you're sure that it's not an issue with PC itself then RMA it.

its 100% the monitor. but not sure if he can RMA as he purchased used and we dont know how old it is. but it shouldnt matter, as its a product produced faulty? it will definitely be known to AOC

2 minutes ago, Will01 said:

its 100% the monitor. but not sure if he can RMA as he purchased used and we dont know how old it is. but it shouldnt matter, as its a product produced faulty? it will definitely be known to AOC

Yeah, there's reports on the internets that this model has problems with frame skipping, replacing the unit helps.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply