RANDOM FREEZING?

deathwillbebrot

I have an evga x79 classified motherboard i have 16gb ddr3 munchkin ram I have an i74820K running an evga gtx 1070 graphics card.The processor is overclocked to 4.0 and it will turn on run games and everything but will randomly black screen with all rgb freezing but the fans and computer are still on but no video output. I have replaced my power supply with a 1600 evga supernova replaced the thermal paste using a corsair h100igtx radiator to cool my cpu. Sometimes it will not go for more than 15 minutes before it freezes and somtimes it will stay on for a few days before it does it. So I can't recreate how its doing it to figure out why its doing it.

Always go back to stock clocks first and see if it continues.

did you do that before buying a new PSU?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

Always go back to stock clocks first and see if it continues.

did you do that before buying a new PSU?

yes, i did that with 2 or 3 different power supplies now, a 725w, 1000w, and 1600w

1 hour ago, deathwillbebrot said:

yes, i did that with 2 or 3 different power supplies now, a 725w, 1000w, and 1600w

Have you tried an 1800W PSU?

Have you tried onboard graphics? Have you tried monitoring to see if any conditions trigger it? 

Does it happen during certain games or can you replicate with benchmarks? Does a specific benchmark trigger it (GPU, CPU, RAM)?

That freezing for me has been mostly GPU related, the PC, PSU, RAM, MoBo etc are fine but the GPU fails for some reason.

Is there any GPU OC? Can you try undervolting it or running a stronger fan curve and see if the issue replicates?

Can you try another GPU? Have you reinstalled drivers after a DDU?

6 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

Have you tried an 1800W PSU?

Have you tried onboard graphics? Have you tried monitoring to see if any conditions trigger it? 

Does it happen during certain games or can you replicate with benchmarks? Does a specific benchmark trigger it (GPU, CPU, RAM)?

That freezing for me has been mostly GPU related, the PC, PSU, RAM, MoBo etc are fine but the GPU fails for some reason.

Is there any GPU OC? Can you try undervolting it or running a stronger fan curve and see if the issue replicates?

Can you try another GPU? Have you reinstalled drivers after a DDU?

Other than the 1800 watt I've done all of that. Ive run IDA64 I have monitored with the corsair link temperatures are fine and it does it randomly so i have no way to recreate it and the motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics. Its an evga x79 classified.

1 hour ago, deathwillbebrot said:

motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics. Its an evga x79 classified.

Looks like the MoBo doesn't have a video out that I can see, even if the CPU supported it, maybe someone can correct me if wrong?

I would try a different GPU, I still think this is a GPU related issue until you can rule that out.

3 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

Looks like the MoBo doesn't have a video out that I can see, even if the CPU supported it, maybe someone can correct me if wrong?

I would try a different GPU, I still think this is a GPU related issue until you can rule that out.

I've tried 3 different GPU's, I've tried a 1050ti and 2 different 1070's

20 minutes ago, deathwillbebrot said:

I've tried 3 different GPU's, I've tried a 1050ti and 2 different 1070's

All the same? Did you DDU drivers between? Has other confirmed the cards work?

3 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

All the same? Did you DDU drivers between? Has other confirmed the cards work?

Yes, I was using a 1tb hdd wd then i switch to a 500gb wd ssd and reinstalled windows completely fresh on the ssd and that was the first card that I installed on it. The card was confirmed in another system. Everything works it boots up properly and all that but sometimes when im playing games it will do it and other times it does it when it's idle. So there's no way to recreate the issue because it's never doing it during the same things.

Could be a dying PCIe slot? 

Hard to diagnose without replacing MoBi and CPU now. Maybe RMA parts and hope for the best?