win10

rbrooks007

Is the a way of transferring Win10 from my old un accessible PC to my new PC.

Its a propershop bought version and i have the USB and Lic code

I don't think you can transfer a license. Once it's been activated, I don't think it can be deactivated.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Are you asking if you can reuse your license, or are you asking if you can migrate your old OS to the new system?

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I don't think you can transfer a license. Once it's been activated, I don't think it can be deactivated.

It depends, if it's an OEM copy sold with a computer from a manufacturer it can't be transferred or reused. If it's a product license purchased as a standalone it can be reused.  

I built a pc and bought and installed W10 from pcworld.

I now dont have that pc and cannot get access to it.

I have built a new pc and dont want to spend another £150

I have the usb and lic key

18 minutes ago, rbrooks007 said:

I have the usb and lic key

Give it a shot, should work. You can connect your license key to your MS account so that when you build a new PC, you can just log into your MS account on the new one and it should activate Windows. That said, it only works for a few new installs.

You don't need to pay $150 for a new license.

You can get a license dirt cheap online, be it on ebay or some other gray market website.

If the computer that you no longer have, is still operational today and in use, you likely won't be able to "transfer" the license even if you still have it.

If it isn't active anymore because it died or something... It could work. Usually it would be better if the license was added to your Microsoft Account, so that you could remotely disable and it reactivate it elsewhere... But it could potentially work to activate Windows 10 anyway. Try it. Worst case it doesn't and it cost you like $10 for a new license on ebay.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

48 minutes ago, rbrooks007 said:

Is the a way of transferring Win10 from my old un accessible PC to my new PC.

Its a propershop bought version and i have the USB and Lic code

If your copy of Windows was a RETAIL license (not OEM), then you can activate it on another PC, as long as it's only active on ONE PC at a time.

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You don't need to pay $150 for a new license.

You can get a license dirt cheap online, be it on ebay or some other gray market website.

Licenses bought from unauthorized resellers are usually in violation of the EULA, so I don't recommend this.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I haven't tried it myself, but considering you got the "expensive" boxed version, how about you just call them and tell them your motherboard / system is dead or something, I mean, in case it doesn't just work automagically ofc :)

NeXTcube 12400 Z690M ITX 64GB SN770 6600XT Sugo16 12.5

NeXTserver 9400 H310N ITX 32GB SN350 5500XT Fara R1 12.5

NeXTstation 9900K Z390 ITX 32GB SN750 6800XT Enthoo 12.5

Just now, kirashi said:

Licenses bought from unauthorized resellers are usually in violation of the EULA, so I don't recommend this.

Wait, you've read their EULA? Then you should also know that while they can technically "ban" his use of a key bought from an "unauthorized reseller"(bullshit to say "we control who is allowed to sell our stuff"), they aren't going to.
Otherwise they would've done so to the literal millions of people who did just that before. Some did get deactivated, but those were usually purchased with stolen credit cards and resold quickly for a profit to unknowing buyers.

If the keys are legitimate(which they usually are) and come from a system integrator in some other country that gets keys in bulk for dirt cheap... There's no need to worry.

Worst case, they only lose less than $10. Better than spending another £150 on a machine that will die off sooner or later. But really, that's only if their current key simply cannot be reused, of course they should go through every possible means of activating it first.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If you did connect the license to your MS account, you can just log in to that account and it will be activated. This works with both OEM and retail licenses. Retail licenses have also option to insert license key again. It will be automatically deactivated on previous device. OEM on the other hand would tell that license is already activated on another device and you should contact administrator (business and institution activation's) or your device manufacturer (laptops and pre-built systems).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm having trouble with installing win now.

I only have win10 usb in and I can get to bios but when I boot I get aorus logo on screen and code 61 on mobo. Book says NVRAM initialization. 

Please advise on this...ty

1 hour ago, rbrooks007 said:

I'm having trouble with installing win now.

I only have win10 usb in and I can get to bios but when I boot I get aorus logo on screen and code 61 on mobo. Book says NVRAM initialization. 

Please advise on this...ty

Quick google says that memory might not be supported by the mobo. So time for spec list, and be specific. RAM models are listed by exact model number.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Gigabyte aorus master and corsair vengeance my build is in the build section of the forum.

20191201_154440.jpg

Hi

Did you see a list of what memory i can use on my Gig Aorus Master.

Im a bit concerned i bought the wrong type

18 hours ago, rbrooks007 said:

Hi

Did you see a list of what memory i can use on my Gig Aorus Master.

Im a bit concerned i bought the wrong type

I asked to be specific. Which Aorus Master you have? Intel or AMD?

For those who look later, RAM is CMK32GX4M2B3000C15. For Intel it works, for AMD thats nope on all supported CPUs.

Links to supported memory lists:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_z390-aorus-master_191113.pdf

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-master_picasso.pdf

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-master_matisse_190812.pdf

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-master_pinnacle.pdf

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, rbrooks007 said:

It's Intel 

Try modules one by one on each slot. They are supported so might be just bad dimm or bad slot.

E: And quote if you want faster reply, I browse forums once a day full. And only check notifs and moderator stuff more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Iv removed 1 SIM and seem to be getting 2 showing here but 1 on main screen. Also if I set to 3000mhz I get boot fail due to mem not being 2133.

What is memory multiplier I can Chang it but can't change memory freq.

Urgent 

15753909937255655166538160596917.jpg

157539106160994497396594761448.jpg

16 hours ago, rbrooks007 said:

Iv removed 1 SIM and seem to be getting 2 showing here but 1 on main screen. Also if I set to 3000mhz I get boot fail due to mem not being 2133.

What is memory multiplier I can Chang it but can't change memory freq.

Urgent 

15753909937255655166538160596917.jpg

157539106160994497396594761448.jpg

Again, quote me if you want faster replies.

At this point I think you should contact Gigabyte support or look for RMA. The board might have faulty RAM slots.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv