DAC/Preamp Recommendations?

zarrexx

Hi, I need a DAC to ago along with my Yamaha HS5, FiiO FH7 iems and Beyerdynamic DT177X. I am looking for something under 600 euro and here are the things I need:

• XLR balanced outputs for the HS5s,
  • Remote to change volume and switch between the headphones and the speakers,
  • Front audio jacks for the headphones.
  • Possibly bluetooth connectivity too.

I was already looking at the following:

• Topping DX7 Pro
  • SMSL M500
  • Sabaj D5

I am seriously considering the Topping but I read that the output impedance of the headphones is too high for my FiiO IEMs (they are 16ohms). Are there any other options for me that has very similar features?

29 minutes ago, zarrexx said:

Hi, I need a DAC to ago along with my Yamaha HS5, FiiO FH7 iems and Beyerdynamic DT177X. I am looking for something under 600 euro and here are the things I need:

• Topping DX7 Pro
  • SMSL M500
  • Sabaj D5

I am seriously considering the Topping but I read that the output impedance of the headphones is too high for my FiiO IEMs (they are 16ohms). Are there any other options for me that has very similar features?

Iwith your budget you could buy 2 amps one for IEMs one for everything else but you don'tneed to spend $600 euros at all. topping d10, fiio k3 for the IEMs and asmsl SP200 but the remote tcontrol requirement makes things difficult

2 hours ago, zarrexx said:

• Topping DX7 Pro
  • SMSL M500
  • Sabaj D5

I would honestly buy the SMSL SU-8, which has remote control, variable XLR outputs and plenty of connectivity, and single ended outputs to a seperate amp, such as the Loxjie P20 which I honestly really like if I want to use tubes with my HD800s'

https://www.amazon.com/Decoder-SMSL-2ES9038Q2M-768kHz-Balance/dp/B07DQDNF6S/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=smsl+su8&qid=1574986300&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/LOXJIE-P20-Balance-Amplifier-Headphone/dp/B07H5HK3QT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=loxjie+p20&qid=1574986350&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A25Y3IAJ292XMF&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRlJOMVRaUERWMDEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzNzk3MzVSSzk3ODdVUDRNWDQmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDIzMTY1MDI3V1lUMjdGV0NTNEomd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Solid state amp, seems to be made to be stacked ontop of the SMSL SU-8:

https://www.amazon.com/SMSL-Headphone-Amplifier-Balanced-Performance/dp/B07JQ1QDR9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=SMSL+sh&qid=1574986460&s=electronics&sr=1-1

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)