MB BIOS

Valley_

My friend will soon buy a R5 3600 and maybe a ASRock B450 Pro4 to partner it.

All purchases will be made on Amazon.

What we need to know is will the Motherboard come with the latest BIOS update because without it the CPU will not work. I can't find any "Message seller" button on Amazon and there's no clear way to contact ASRock directly.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FVYKJHR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

At this point in time the chance is high. The bios' supporting zen 2 have been out for over 5 months so it would have to be extremely old stock to have the wrong bios. There is a chance at it not having the right bios so it is a risk. Do remember that amd has some bios flash kit thing where they send you a cpu so you can update the bios, that is always an option if it comes with an old bios.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:16 PM, alatron978 said:

At this point in time the chance is high. The bios' supporting zen 2 have been out for over 5 months so it would have to be extremely old stock to have the wrong bios. There is a chance at it not having the right bios so it is a risk. Do remember that amd has some bios flash kit thing where they send you a cpu so you can update the bios, that is always an option if it comes with an old bios.

Ok thanks for the reply! I will pass this on to my friend.

I kind of figured what you said here would be the case but there's nothing in the Amazon description or anything regarding the BIOS version, which is a bit annoying