GeForce MX250 2nd display limitations

Hi.

I wanted to ask the community about a limitations that I came across about the MX250.

I'm planning to buy soon a new laptop, the model being an Inspiron 5391, the new 13" model with a 10th gen i7 and MX250.

The model exists literally nowhere except in retail stores, on the Dell page there's just a description for the Inspiron 5000 series but no way to buy it, I don't know why but it's been this way for as long as I remember and it's a pity since the 5000 and 7000 Inspiron series offer the best bang for buck performance and hardware compared to the overpriced/overrated XPS series. I'm getting mine at a retail store but can be found on some 3rd party websites too.

Well, on this retailer's page I was reading up on the official Dell's instruction manual and in the Video section says and I quote:

"Controller: Nvidia GeForce MX250 | Compatible with external display: NOT COMPATIBLE"

"Controller: Intel UHD Graphics | Compatible with external display: 1 port HDMI 1.4".

Is this for real, so after looking for so long for my perfect laptop, the dedicated discrete GPU cannot output to a 2nd display? Really, why?

Why does the crappy good for nothing Intel UHD get to output instead?

Is this absurd limitation the same for all MX150, MX250 across all other brands?

I need to know, because if it is, I'm excluding all discrete GPUs from now on.

It will not be my main rig but I still want to have the possibility to hook up my big external display at home for some casual gaming.

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, Drexo said:

GPU cannot output to a 2nd display? Really, why?

If the store specs are accurate, this is likely due to a design decision by Dell, rather than an inability from the video card itself.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It's on the Dell official user manual for this model. Store cannot do nothing about it. Just wondering if all MX150 and MX250 work the same way.

9 hours ago, Drexo said:

Just wondering if all MX150 and MX250 work the same way.

Doubt it

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.