BSOD Memory Management + Reference by Pointer

d00d628
Go to solution Solved by d00d628,
On 11/27/2019 at 8:55 AM, The89Lunder said:

If the CPU is still within warrenty, RMA'ing it would be my next move.

You have already ruled out the RAM. And I don't think it is the motherboard.

If this only happens when you play games, it could be the graphics card.

Dude thank you so much for your help.

After you mentioned the sound card issue, I started to do some research and realized that my headset was the issue.

I have a hyper X cloud 2 and I use the dongle it comes with and apparently the GeForce audio driver that comes with the graphics driver was the issue. 

I emailed the manufacturer and they ran me through troubleshooting.

I'm really glad I didn't have to rma my processor, but really thank you for leading me in the right direction.

Windows 10 x64

Ryzen 7 2700 (non-X)

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi Mobo

Teamgroup 3000mhz 2x8gb Ram

EVGA gtx 1080 SC2 Gaming

EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+ 750W 80+ Gold

I built this PC about a year ago now and I probably should have done something about this earlier, but I keep getting blue screens with the Memory management error and recently a reference by pointer error.

I've ran memtest86 on and even had teamgroup send me a warranty replacement for it as well and I'm having the same issue.

I have the issue less often if I don't run XMP, but I feel like that defeats the purpose of having paid for 3000mhz ram?

Not really sure what else the issue could be at this point?

Not running any other "overclocks"

Added dump files as well as the resource and performance monitor thing as per the instructions.

Hope i did this correctly?

Please help anyone?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Vlm_bvecRaX1JkUkNzb1p4Uzg

EDIT: Also updated BIOS every single time there was a new update hoping it would make a difference. Currently on F50.

Couple of funny things. I can see that you have a GTX 1080, but the program that crashed seems to be an AMD graphics card driver?

Have you by any change moved the boot drive from a another PC build, that had an AMD graphics card, without reinstalling Windows.

If that is not the case, it could be the CPU that is faulty, as that will throw these random errors. I just dealt with a very pesky 3600 (Ryzen) myself. Could push it to 100% for hours, no problem, watching a YouTube video caused a BSOD.

4 hours ago, The89Lunder said:

Couple of funny things. I can see that you have a GTX 1080, but the program that crashed seems to be an AMD graphics card driver?

Have you by any change moved the boot drive from a another PC build, that had an AMD graphics card, without reinstalling Windows.

If that is not the case, it could be the CPU that is faulty, as that will throw these random errors. I just dealt with a very pesky 3600 (Ryzen) myself. Could push it to 100% for hours, no problem, watching a YouTube video caused a BSOD.

It was a clean install of Windows (I guess unfortunately for me). I seem to mostly have issues gaming, but I only really play DotA. Probably nothing I can do about it then?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 8:55 AM, The89Lunder said:

Dude thank you so much for your help.

After you mentioned the sound card issue, I started to do some research and realized that my headset was the issue.

I have a hyper X cloud 2 and I use the dongle it comes with and apparently the GeForce audio driver that comes with the graphics driver was the issue. 

I emailed the manufacturer and they ran me through troubleshooting.

I'm really glad I didn't have to rma my processor, but really thank you for leading me in the right direction.