Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell, LGA 1150, Socket H3) Benchmarks and Gameplay!

Alright, guys, I apologize for not starting this thread sooner, however, we have ourselves a nice little chip here!  I'm using an i7-4770S in an mITX HTPC/SFF  build, and it holds up quite well!  Especially considering the fact that this build only runs on less than 150W!!

Here are the specs of the build:

\Project\ Desktop HTPC:

-Intel Haswell i7-4770S

-ASRock B85M-ITX

-Mushkin Enhanced Stealth DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) dual channel RAM @ 8-8-8-24

-Samsung 470 Series 64GB SSD for Windows + immediate apps

-Samsung Pro 840 Series 256GB SSD for storage + 'auxiliary' apps

-Lite-On CD/DVD combo drive

-Intel HD Graphics 4600 (on CPU)

-ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe sound card

-PicoPSU-150-xt 12V DC-DC ATX power supply

-HiFiMAN HE-400 headphones

-Acer H274HLBMID Black 27" LED backlit LCD (only 20 watts!)

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

-Case/Chassis: Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Glossy Black Steel Cube Mini-ITX

-AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable capture device

And a few videos to show off its graphical and performance prowess; remember, less than 150W!:

Feel free to let me know what other benchmarks and gameplay you would like to see!

man i wish my laptop had these graphics integrated stuck being limited with 4000 so i cant play that many games in class :/ 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Feel free to let me know what other benchmarks and gameplay you would like to see!

How about doing the CoD Ghosts in multipalyer mode, like squads or something.

man i wish my laptop had these graphics integrated stuck being limited with 4000 so i cant play that many games in class :/ 

You should be doing your school work in class and chatting with girls in your spare time not playing games.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You should be doing your school work in class and chatting with girls in your spare time not playing games.

im on a tech forum i never had a change of talking to "girls"....

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

im on a tech forum i never had a change of talking to "girls"....

:huh:  :o  :unsure:  :wacko: never ever......well logout of the forum and get to skirt quick she does not have to be pretty just talk to something.

:huh:  :o  :unsure:  :wacko: never ever......well logout of the forum and get to skirt quick she does not have to be pretty just talk to something.

"Something"

"Something"

Yeah my friends and i privately call females things as you are not sure what you get until you interact with one...some of them are luns (lunatics).

Nice good. I really like the thread, op and color me surprised but I did not know that the Haswell iGPU was that good. I mean for a machine that uses less than 150W it is great.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

• 1 month later...

I gave up trying to play Ghosts on this setup.  It just takes too long in between menus, lobbies, and game setup.  The game is just not optimized for this type of setup.

Nice good. I really like the thread, op and color me surprised but I did not know that the Haswell iGPU was that good. I mean for a machine that uses less than 150W it is great.

Thanks!  It's been surprising me with its gaming performance, too.  Integrated graphics have come a long way!

Here's my playthrough of the CLoS2 demo on a lightweight, low-power desktop PC running on Intel HD Graphics 4600 integrated graphics (no video card). This entire build runs on less than 150 watts!

Wild sick game! Runs well and fun to play!

Alright, guys, I apologize for not starting this thread sooner, however, we have ourselves a nice little chip here!  I'm using an i7-4770S in an mITX HTPC/SFF  build, and it holds up quite well!  Especially considering the fact that this build only runs on less than 150W!!

Here are the specs of the build:
\Project\ Desktop HTPC:
-Intel Haswell i7-4770S
-ASRock B85M-ITX
-Mushkin Enhanced Stealth DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) dual channel RAM @ 8-8-8-24
-Samsung 470 Series 64GB SSD for Windows + immediate apps
-Samsung Pro 840 Series 256GB SSD for storage + 'auxiliary' apps
-Lite-On CD/DVD combo drive
-Intel HD Graphics 4600 (on CPU)
-ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe sound card
-PicoPSU-150-xt 12V DC-DC ATX power supply
-HiFiMAN HE-400 headphones
-Acer H274HLBMID Black 27" LED backlit LCD (only 20 watts!)
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
-Case/Chassis: Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Glossy Black Steel Cube Mini-ITX
-AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable capture device

And a few videos to show off its graphical and performance prowess; remember, less than 150W!:

i think an apu would have better a much better choice. it is much more balanced as would have used the same or less power and cost less

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

i think an apu would have better a much better choice. it is much more balanced as would have used the same or less power and cost less

AMD APU's has nowhere near the 4770S performance, which the OP may need for his particular usage case.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

AMD APU's has nowhere near the 4770S performance, which the OP may need for his particular usage case.

they are miles ahead in terms of gaming and he does say that its a htpc so i don't think he would do any heavy tasks on it.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

they are miles ahead in terms of gaming and he does say that its a htpc so i don't think he would do any heavy tasks on it.

HTPC's can be used for heavy tasks like transcoding video's and rendering on a TV still. That is totally up to the OP of course.

But I also agree with you the APU GPU portion is a beast compared to the iGPU of the 4770S and will "decode" his video's all the same.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hope he doesnt mean the graphics performance >.< IGPs are trash for gaming, apu's are 10 times orsomething better

• 2 weeks later...

If Intel Iris Pro was available to a system builder like me, I would have went with it instead.  Intel, for some reason, restricted Iris Pro Graphics to OEM builders and mobile (meh) devices.  Intel Iris Pro has better performance than Intel HD Graphics.

That means I am doing two things right in my life.... Thank Gawd :/