"Thread_Exception_Not_Handled" error on stornvme.sys file

Xoxel
Go to solution Solved by zeka66,

No problem mate. 

Got myself a 970 EVO plus now, +50% of the price to Kingston, but problem totally gone, Ultra Boot works, no more issues.

Hi everyone,

I built my new PC a few days ago but it started sending BSODs out of nowhere, here are the specs:

- I9-9900k

- 16Gb Corsaire pro @3000mHZ (2x8Gb)

- Aorus 2080 Super

- Asus z390-F

- Seagate Barracuda 1 TO HDD

- Kingston A2000, 500 Go, M.2 (installed on an NVMe slot on the MB)

- EVGA 850 GQ @850W

- W10

It seems really inconsistent on the crash but the error is always the one on the title, it's also always mentioning the same stornvme.sys file.

Everything is running at stock settings...

Now what's expecially weird is that running "sfc /scannow" usually found and fixed the file and i was good to go for a while, but as of yesterday it just doesn't find anything anymore... And i'am left with random crash which is extremely frustrating on a brand new build :(

Is there a chance my SSD could be damaged ? Looking at the file name i found out it might be an option...

I really don't know, hope some of you guys got an answer.... :(

Hey,

I have a similar issue, spec:

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

-ASROCK AMD B450 PRO4

-XPG GAMMIX DDR4 8GBx2 (16GB total @3200mhz)

-Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe

-1TB Hitachi HDD

-Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming 8GB

-Silentiumpc Supremo L2 Gold 650w

-Win10Pro

PC is totally new.

First I tried to reinstall Win10,all kinds of drivers to chipset,video card, upgrade / downgrade to different BIOS versions,no luck.

In addition to the crash with stornvme.sys, I also have issue with cold-boot.So when I turn on the PC for the first time during the day, WIn10 boots but in few seconds everything freezes. This happens in 70% of the cold-boots.

If I just reboot with a button after this, there is no NVMe drive seen in BIOS at all. I have to power off/on the psu and then everything works fine.

I am pretty sure the problem is with the NVMe (here is a similar case https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/144691-windows-10-bsod-cold-boot-sometimes-random.html).

Wanted to save some money ,but will go tomorrow and replace Kingston with Samsung 970EVO.

Well thanks a bunch for your comment, this would heavily point towards a faulty SSD....

Seeing how you got the exact same model, i guess i'ld just buy a new one from samsung aswell.

Have a nice day !

No problem mate. 

Got myself a 970 EVO plus now, +50% of the price to Kingston, but problem totally gone, Ultra Boot works, no more issues.