Grub problem ?

espr3ss0

For a while I've had Linux Mint installed on an m.2 (primary) and when I installed Windows 10 on a second SSD the Grub menu installed itself. I've given up on Linux due to hardware compatability problems so created a bootable usb Windows 10 installer and went through the motions of formatting and installing it on my primary m.2, but now have a big problem with the Grub Rescue where the filesystem is not recognised.

How do I solve this, can I remove Grub or something (without reinstalling Linux) ?

normally when you install windows, it carries its bootloader with it, are you sure you're pointing your bios to the right SSD?

(and are you sure windows didnt drop its bootloader to a stupid location? that tends to happen too..)

If I try pointing to my primary I get the problem but boots to secondary ok. No idea how to find the boot loader. Does it matter how the usb was created ? I did with Rufus.

I found this ... This answer is for those with UEFI who have deleted the Ubuntu partitions before removing grub

Using diskpart looking at the volumes I do have an EFI but is blank / has no content by the looks of things, so I couldn't do as suggested. This is the print out ...

Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
  ----------  ---  -----------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  --------
  Volume 0         System Rese  NTFS   Partition    579 MB  Healthy    System
  Volume 1     C                NTFS   Partition    465 GB  Healthy    Boot
  Volume 2     D                NTFS   Partition    931 GB  Healthy
  Volume 3     E   big box      exFAT  Partition   5588 GB  Healthy
  Volume 4         EFI          FAT32  Partition    200 MB  Healthy    Hidden

No idea what Vol 0 is but C is the second ssd / D is my primary m.2 / E is an external hdd.

Today when I booted to the second ssd was presented with the Windows Boot Manager, so tried the first entry witch booted to the m.2 and finished off the installation. Then as normal after a restart tried booting to the m.2 and still get "unknown filesystem ... grub rescue>".

Really need some help on this thanks.

I've decided to start over so now reinstalled Linux Mint 19.2 which has bought back my Grub options, however has messed up Windows Boot Manager but atm not a problem I shall format my current instalation of Windows anyway.

Can someone guide me through the process of removing Grub & Linux then installing Windows 10 the right way ?