Headphone options

I've been using the audio-technica ATH-AD700X with a mod mic attached, and they've been great for me but are starting to wear out after so long. Was thinking of getting a new pair of headphones and wanted to see of there are better options out there at a similar price point. I'm willing to go to about $200 CAD for the headphone. Thanks

59 minutes ago, prostrike33 said:

I've been using the audio-technica ATH-AD700X with a mod mic attached, and they've been great for me but are starting to wear out after so long. Was thinking of getting a new pair of headphones and wanted to see of there are better options out there at a similar price point. I'm willing to go to about $200 CAD for the headphone. Thanks

what do you think is lacking or want more or less of?

do you have an amp or dac?

will this be just for gaming or music to?

what kind of music do you listen to?

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

what do you think is lacking or want more or less of?

do you have an amp or dac?

will this be just for gaming or music to?

what kind of music do you listen to?

-Don't think I'm lacking much really, then again I'm not much of an audiophile so I couldn't really tell. Bass could be a little better I guess

-I have the sennheiser GSX 1000

-It's a bit of both. I do a lot of gaming on my computer, primarily RPGs and FPS, so spatial awareness is important to me. But I also watch a lot of vids too. The GSX 1000 I feel    does a good job with these though

-Rap, and rock and my main choice I guess.

I've had a few headphones recommended to me (Sennheiser HD 559, Sennheiser HD 558, Sennheiser GAME ONE) and want to know how they compare to my Audio technica ones, or if there are even better ones out I don't know of

1 hour ago, prostrike33 said:

-Don't think I'm lacking much really, then again I'm not much of an audiophile so I couldn't really tell. Bass could be a little better I guess

-I have the sennheiser GSX 1000

-It's a bit of both. I do a lot of gaming on my computer, primarily RPGs and FPS, so spatial awareness is important to me. But I also watch a lot of vids too. The GSX 1000 I feel    does a good job with these though

-Rap, and rock and my main choice I guess.

I've had a few headphones recommended to me (Sennheiser HD 559, Sennheiser HD 558, Sennheiser GAME ONE) and want to know how they compare to my Audio technica ones, or if there are even better ones out I don't know of

yeah sennheiser 599 would be agood choice but they hiked the price up for some reason recently  since you live in canda wait till black friday  . 559 wouldn't be bad . 

the 559 is pretty good for gaming you definitely gain bass but its more if a sidegrade rather than a upgrade. the audio technicas would have the edge in gaming but teh 559 I personally wfeel would be a more enjoyable headphone for music but can do competitive gaming prett well. if you order form aamazon they have a really easy systemmf or returns I say buy it try it and see if you think it's what you were looking for